• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 1976 HOMELITE SUPER EZ AUTOMATIC, VERY CLEAN

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supercharged86

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello Friends, For sale here is a 1976 SUPER EZ Automatic in nice overall condition. It's been meticulously cleaned inside and out and gone through top to bottom. It has 165 psi compression that starts, idles and runs well. The saw has an original 16" Power-Tip (sprocket nose) bar with fairly nice original artwork and a almost new Oregon 72 full chisel chain. The decompression valve, trigger lock/fast idle, automatic and manual oilers work as they should. Piston and rings look real nice from the exhaust side. The 3/8" spur sprocket has some minor wear but the adjuster pin looks good.

After cleaning, the crankcase seals were pressure and vacuum checked, recoil mechanism was disassembled, cleaned and re-lubricated, Walbro carburetor cleaned, rebuilt and re-tuned (to my location, may need a minor adjustment at yours), air filter washed, oil pump disassembled, cleaned and worm gear re-lubricated, clutch bearing checked and re-lubricated, points were cleaned then reset to factory specs and the condenser condition was checked using a Heathkit model IT-28 and is within spec.

New parts include: Walbro OEM carb kit, Tygon fuel and oil lines, Oregon felt fuel filter, Champion DJ6J spark plug, fuel cap duckbill valve

Build date was likely the 3Q of '76, based on the code dated (6/76) carburetor and the lot #ID and not the serial number of this particular saw, which would of otherwise indicated '74.

$200 plus the insured ride of your choice.

New bar artwork available for $50

Thank you, Steve

Attachments

• DSC06492.JPG
    DSC06492.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
  • '76 SEZ.jpg
    '76 SEZ.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 52
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 51
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 49
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 46
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 46
  • s-l1600 (7).jpg
    s-l1600 (7).jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 44
  • s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 45
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 42
  • s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 41
Hey folks I just recently had a blue version of this saw come across my bench! These are a very high-end Homelite saws in my opinion! The one I worked on was my uncles and it had been sitting on a shelf for many years. I pulled the carb, cleaned it, kitted it, and re-assembled. Man did that thing run! Very powerful for its size! Especially for a saw of that age!
GLWS Supercharged86! You have a really nice saw that should sell pretty quick!

These are great saws! Super all around.
Unfortunately I see them go for aleast 1/2 of what your asking price is , no offense intended but you might want to look at a couple listed, unless this saw was a display piece.
I would have to respectfully disagree.....
I have not seen one this nice in many years, and I have about 30 Homey's in my collection now. I do agree there are a lot of this model out there priced lower. However, they are significantly worn, and the internals are largely toast. If I did not have as many of these as I do, I would be all over this one. Price is in the ballpark IMHO.
Steve's saws are pristine to say the least!

I would have to respectfully disagree.....
I have not seen one this nice in many years, and I have about 30 Homey's in my collection now. I do agree there are a lot of this model out there priced lower. However, they are significantly worn, and the internals are largely toast. If I did not have as many of these as I do, I would be all over this one. Price is in the ballpark IMHO.
Steve's saws are pristine to say the least!
Thank for the info.

Nice looking saw SC68. Restoring one myself right now, parts prices add up fast but I am going well beyond what the saw is needing to have replaced just so I know what shape it is in. The last parts are showing up today (crank seals) then I can start on it. GLWS

These are great saws! Super all around.
Unfortunately I see them go for aleast 1/2 of what your asking price is , no offense intended but you might want to look at a couple listed, unless this saw was a display piece.

Well, with a production run of about 15 years, Homelite has undoubtedly produced several thousands of this popular model and they’re a dime a dozen. You can find them all over the place and yes your right, many and most do sell for half as much (or even less). But I'm fairly certain that you’ll spend half as much and still only have 25% the saw that I’m offering. This type of effort takes hours to complete (never mind the couple of hours it takes just to refinish the bar, when needed) and I’d rather not work for free. Oh yeah, there’s an old saying, perhaps you’ve heard of it before. You get what you pay for! But thanks anyway.

ps. And if it were a pristine display piece, the price be double.

Look at this way, for the price point you wont find a saw of this performance and quality, period, cared for properly these old homelites will run forever and get the job done everytime, nice saw btw, one of my favorite homelite models.

Been lurking on this site for a while, now. Your sales post forced me to respond. That saw is gorgeous! If I had the $$ right now I'd snatch it up. I'm in a job transition (actually, my brother and I just started our own pest-control business a little over two months ago after working in the industry for nine years each), though, and until things pick up (and they are!) I'm only able to window shop. Wonderful saw, SC, and I know what you mean about not working for free.

Latest posts

Back