1978 stihl 032av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you planning to use it for? They are a 51cc saw and weigh about 15 lbs. It is a 40 year old saw and there are a lot of similar saws 031av for sale on Ebay. Is it in running condition of does it need work to get it running? If it is in running condition it should be fine as they were a good saw when they came out. I have 2 030av's that I use on a limited basis. Hope I helped.

I bought one as my first saw 8-10 years ago. It served me well for the occasional use I needed it for.

As mentioned above, if it's running, it should be fine. If it's not, parts may be harder to find because of it's age. I still have mine, but coincidentally when I started cutting more firewood it quit on me. I believe it's the ignition module which has been discontinued.

Runner? Non runner?

Most spare parts can still be found, but cylinders are rather rare and ignitions are effectively "Forget about it", albeit you can adapt some easily available universal ignition modules with a bit of work. Nothing too hard and these modules are very cheap.
It's a slow saw by modern standards, but stihl a quality machine.

Latest posts

Back