• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 1980s vintage McCullough

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any of you are near central Illinois, here's a bargain for those who like vintage saws. I'm cleaning out the garage.

I will not entertain requests to ship this.

https://peoria.craigslist.org/tls/6728052181.html
Welcome to the site. You might want to list the model of the saw if you know it. I'm not a huge mac person and cannot tell just by looking at it. It does seem to be a later model saw and might not be as desirable as the early saws but people still love these for their simplicity and just hard to kill. Good luck.

Most likely a PM610,60cc powerhouse.Sometimes called ''McBrick'' its heavier than the saws it replaced,sometimes the automatic oiler can have issues but is a reliable cutting machine.Practically indestructible,parts are still widely available & not real expensive,lots of these were sold.

Produced 1978 to 1994,yours is the earlier version with the wrap around chain brake/hand guard,it was made from 1978 to 1985.

Most likely a PM610,60cc powerhouse.Sometimes called ''McBrick'' its heavier than the saws it replaced,sometimes the automatic oiler can have issues but is a reliable cutting machine.Practically indestructible,parts are still widely available & not real expensive,lots of these were sold.

Produced 1978 to 1994,yours is the earlier version with the wrap around chain brake/hand guard,it was made from 1978 to 1985.

Thank you very much for the education!
Yes, it is a brick. More like a cinder block :) Reminds me of the saw in the original DOOM video games.

Latest posts

Back