• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 1985 stihl 090av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duane

Reaction score
1985 stihl 090av chainsaw with 28" bar/chain.very good condition,looks and runs great.
I just put a few new oem parts on it to get ready for sale,clutch drive cover,plug,pull rope,throttle cable ,carb kit and some misc fasteners.all stihl parts,no knock off stuff.

Bought this saw 25 years ago from a friend who got out of the business and it has only been used a few times since i owned it and then sat in the shop,a survivor.
.This is a late model A/V style handle.
The price is firm as i know this models bring even bigger money than i am asking,The saw starts right up and idles beautifully,I also checked compression and it was @170psi.
A great saw for big cutting or a collector.
$ 2250 cash sale only,please serious buyers only.
Here is a you tube video of the saw on a cold start-

Attachments

• 415.JPG
    415.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 188
  • 442.JPG
    442.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 190
  • 448.JPG
    448.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
  • 452.JPG
    452.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 208
  • 432.JPG
    432.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 169
The price is firm as i know this models bring even bigger money than i am asking,

Guess someone should have told that to the guy who sold one here for $1200 last week... :innocent: You might want to try ebay.

GLWS!

[EDIT] Correction - that one sold locally. Sat here for a week and nobody bought it.

Guess someone should have told that to the guy who sold one here for $1200 last week... :innocent: You might want to try ebay.

GLWS!

[EDIT] Correction - that one sold locally. Sat here for a week and nobody bought it.
There were two 090 AV's that were listed on here recently that were sold (one of the two locally to the seller) and they were asking a lot less than the OP. I agree, it appears that eBay might be more in line with the sellers asking price... ya never know. It's a nice saw but not as nice cosmetically as the others that came up but I guess its worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it.

I think most people would be reluctant to send $2250 to someone who just signed up to sell a saw. Most of us here are CASO's (Cheap A$$ Saw Owners) and would want to see, feel and run the saw before dropping that type of coin.

For that type of money I would be looking for a saw far rarer than an 090.

I'm pretty sure if you check the Craigslist thread someone already posted a link to your ad. Either here or on Oh Pee Eye.

I had two darn clean ones. I traded the first one on a Titan. I still have another maybe I should sell it

I love this guys comments

Medical marijuana in Illinois would be required to carry warning labels about possible side effects under a bill proposed by a Republican lawmaker.

Rep. Dwight Kay said the goal is to treat medical marijuana like other prescription drugs that warn patients about possible adverse effects. His bill, which is up for a House committee vote Monday, doesn't specify what warnings should be on the products, leaving it to the state health department to decide.

But Kay said he would like to see warnings about how marijuana can cause drowsiness and impaired driving, and that it can affect pregnancies.

Medical marijuana sales began in Illinois in November under a 4-year pilot program, which Kay opposed.

It probably does affect pregnancies...................

Big ass derail to the thread but heck what other thread has not been derailed

Well a very clean regular 090 just went for a bit north of $3500 two days ago on Ebay and had 34 bidders, so I guess maybe timing is everything? Collectors pay, what seems like, ridiculous sums of money for just the right saw. And those saws unfortunately will not see any wood.

Don, That saw sold for 3350.00 with 53 bids. It took three bidders
to get it over 2700.00.
There is a fairly clean AV on there now with 34 bids sitting at 1900.00.
I,m thinking it will too go over the 3G mark.

Latest posts

Back