1989 high ranger bucket controls need bleeding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Cannon

Reaction score
Just bought a 1990 F800 with a high ranger boom. The joystick takes about 15 seconds to swing right, and all other controls work fine. Ive been trying for days to get air out of the lines and am pretty fed up. I even ran a short "jumper" straight from the joystick to the lower controls to see if that would work...no luck. Any bright ideas anyone? The lower valves have no obvious bleed screws so I have been cracking the lines...oil everywhere
Rob Cannon
Saltspring Island, BC

I just bought a 600psi pressure guage and found that the culprit line is not increasing pressure when the pistol grip is twisted left. All the lines increase in pressure from 100 to 350 when you move the pistol grip except the swing left one. Has anyone experience with joystick problems?
Rob

The joystick takes about 15 seconds to swing right, and all other controls work fine.
I just bought a 600psi pressure guage and found that the culprit line is not increasing pressure when the pistol grip is twisted left. All the lines increase in pressure from 100 to 350 when you move the pistol grip except the swing left one. Has anyone experience with joystick problems?
Rob
No experience with that particular equipment, but what you describe sounds like what I had with my backhoe. I had to replace a couple valves in the control assembly. It was an easy job once I had identified which valves were shot.

pull the boot off the joy stick and look at the linkage, usually gets full of stuff and interferes with movement, ,
Jeff
Like the man said, pull the boot off the upper control and check the linkage, could be too much sawdust built up creating on obstruction to full/smooth linkage control. Frozen wet sawdust in this weather would not surprise me. I'm sure Doug at Aerial Hydraulic Repair could talk you through it if necessary. http://aerialhydraulicrepair.com/contactus/

Latest posts

Back