1990.7.3 Ford deasel cooling problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Icouldn't get here this morning. I had a friend change the thermostat today. It warmed up to 37 above here today so the mechanicin wasn't an extreme ordeal. The old one was bad. It wouldn't open in boiling water. The Napa one is working good so far. Fixed the leaking hose. Burped the system as best I could. Will run it tomorrow. Now that I've seen the procedure I can replace it myself if necessary this new one opens @ 190 degree. F. The old one had 203 stamped on it and was damaged looking. Even @ 55 below I've never been able to cover the radiator or the truly would over heat. I may need to cover part of the radiator but that I will need to experiment with.
Thank you for the help. Now as long as my road freezes back up I'll be logging.

I still haven't picked mine up yet. Fortunately I haven't needed it, as it is somewhat of a backup.

Thanks for this thread. I would have never thought to ask these questions, and would have remained ignorant forever. :)

worked the truck today..hauled 1 1/3 rd cord tonight . Pulling 1hill that used to heat the engine up to the R in NORMAL on the temp guage.sometimes to the A . I pulled he hill @ 45 mph and the temp didn't make it to the N . cab heaters worked great . It was 25 ° f . out . I will prolly need to block off part of the radiator when it gets cold
sure is nice having the engine run well . Thank God that it didn,t ruin it the night it overheated . !!! The 7.3 sure gets my vote for being a great engine . this one is not turbo,d .

Back