1993 brush bandit 90 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itr.#1446

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just purchased a 93 brush bandit 90 with a Perkins 104-19 diesel motor. Was trying to find some literature or manuals on it with no such luck. Machine is in pretty good condition but having issues with starting it. I’m sure the glow plugs are bad but was wondering if there is any type of clutch or mechanism that is suppose to engage the chipping disc as the rpm’s increase? Right now it’s acting as direct drive and takes awhile to get it running. If anyone has some info, manuals, etc that would be a great help. Thanks

I would contact Bandit at 800-952-0178 as they may have a manual they can email you a manual.

Usually, a 9 inch chipper has a PTO handle on the bell housing. I'm not familiar with a 93 as it might be a direct drive chipper. If there's no handle for the clutch, more than likely it's a direct drive chipper.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

I would contact Bandit at 800-952-0178 as they may have a manual they can email you a manual.

Usually, a 9 inch chipper has a PTO handle on the bell housing. I'm not familiar with a 93 as it might be a direct drive chipper. If there's no handle for the clutch, more than likely it's a direct drive chipper.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400
Thanks Dave, I did email them and they sent me over a parts manual. There is no pto handle like other machines and is direct drive. I didn’t know if it had some type of clutch maybe that auto engaged. It’s the first time I used a direct drive unit so it takes a few moments to get it going.

Back