1997 k1500 front buckets to bench seat ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diy mechanic mike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 1997 gmc suburban and my driver seat is toast, like twisted from previous owners posture mixed with mine and its ripping badly and most importantly its affecting my back driving it so gotta fix it Haha. im kinda a fan of the bench seats and was wondering if all 90s k/c 1500-3500s with front bench seats will fit my seat bolts configuration. I'm willing to loose the center console thing it sucks anyway lol.
Thanks mike

In my experience pretty much anything from any Chevy or GMC will interchange between trucks, Blazers, and Suburban, providing you don't go too extreme. I don't remember exactly what years interchange with yours but I think the body style change from 1988 should be compatible.
My truck is a 1990 model and had a 60/40 split low back bench that the fabric was shot and was not terribly comfortable. I went a bit more extreme and while I was replacing the seats in my wife's Dodge Durango, I grabbed the best parts I took out of her truck and built myself a better driver seat. I lost the tilt forward ability, but got a high back reclining leather seat with lumber support, and I only had to drill two new holes in the seat bracket.

The next time I was at Pull-a-part (the best place to find good truck seats) I ran across a Dodge from around 2000 that had a split bench seat that I thought would look good in my truck. This time I had to piece together several seat brackets and custom build some mounts and run some new wires for the power driver seat. Now I have the best of both worlds. Both the 6 passenger capacity of two bench seat extended cab truck, full access to the back seat and a fold down console. You even have to look close to notice the front and back seat aren't the same fabric. This may be more work than you want to get into as a bench from a mid to late 90's Chevy would most likely bolt in with the possibility of drilling a few holes that aren't there and plugging the ones that are.

Gotchya I have done a seat swap out on my 1972 c50 dump cuz the bench in it was wore thru on driver side from driver sliding out. so I know the bracket deal you dealt with cuz I think the seat I replaced with was a 50s or 60s dodge bench I got it gave to me so no cost besides time figuring the brackets swap cuz the seat was 6 in less wide then my original but the passenger side lost room, I lined driver side up and drilled holes for the bracket to mount and bolted it to original holes in floor cuz I didn't wanna put more holes. But I just wanted to make sure they have same bolt hole configuration cuz I'd like to do it in a day cuz it's my daily driver and dont wanna have to drive my dump truck around while I'm figuring this seat swap on the daily driver haha.

Back