1st five things to do this spring..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while you're out 'schroom hunting....ever see any ramps in Indiana? (Other than the ones used to load a truck?)
That will be an activity going on here in about a month...I go to W.V. and W. Md for those.
:blob2:

1) Ride My ATV
2) split My Block`d Wood(Fall,08)
3) Ride My ATV
4) Fell, Block & Split some Red Oak Trees @ My Church. :~)
5) Ride My ATV

1.)The 100 cord countdown by end of year, that's my goal, have 100 cord hauled home, cut, split, stacked for drying and ready for sale 09/10 wood burning season.
Last year, my goal was 20 cord split/stacked/dry in time for wood burning, and I hit about 50 cord.
2.)Plan a new chimney, replace the old block one with a new block one.
3.)Split wood like there will be no tomorrow
4.)stack the wood
5.) Forks for the tractor so I can fetch logs more efficiently.

Last edited:
while you're out 'schroom hunting....ever see any ramps in Indiana? (Other than the ones used to load a truck?)
That will be an activity going on here in about a month...I go to W.V. and W. Md for those.
:blob2:

Ramps?...fill me in

Imagine the rush going from a B-80 to a D-180. They like to knock out stumps if there's enough traction. I'm not sure what I could buy thats similar to what this is. 1,100 lbs w/out the mowing deck is a lot of lawn tractor.

And to add to the list: Clear an area to park all this equipment.

:dizzy:
would love to find a good D with a FEL, would HELP a bunch around here till i get the BIG tractor. :D

Yessss!!...Ramps are awesome!...One fire co. in W.V near me has a ramp dinner, big ramp festival held every spring in Elkins W.V. We can them, pickle them, dry out the leaves and grind up....sorta like a W.V substitute for parsley....mixed some up in some burgers last weekend, cooked 'em on the grill....yum!

1. Replace vinyl siding with fiber cement.
2. Build the deck I bought the materials for over a year ago.
3. Finish splitting and stacking.
4. Clean out the garage (looks like a bomb went off in there).
5. Spend at least 1 day per weekend fishin.

1. Heal up from knee surgery on Friday

2. Clean up wood slag from the winter

3. Rototill my 3 gardens

4. Play with kids OUTSIDE

5. Finish remodel on front of house, cement etc...

1st i'm going mushroom huntin,whatever the other 4 are they can wait.

I'm sure those Michigan boys could find more than these on their way to the mailbox. This my best batch, from a few years back. Found them all in tall grass not far from where I parked. I was skunked after trudging through the woods for several hours.

2807558660104137097S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's my list

(1) Cut no more wood for awhile unless a tree trimmer asks me to help.
(2) Split 13 cords of rounds that I cut last year, now stacked.
(3) Haul this split wood to last year's pile location that is almost empty.
(4) Stack the split wood to let it dry further for the fall.
(5) Wait until the storms blow down some more. Fell only if necessary.

let my muscles heal from cutting splitting and stacking all early spring
make the local game fish tremble at the mention of my name
enjoy ice cold beer on my deck
spit tobacco juice at the fleas in the carpet

1.spend time with the girlfriend
2. build an access way to my property
3. build a shed 16x32(tax return)gotta have a place to store the tools. I am not moving them back and forth all the time..
4.start clearing land
5.shoot a few turkeys and hopefully a deer or 2
gonna be a busy spring..

1. Heal up from knee surgery on Friday

If it was the 3 hole job, a couple of pain pills and you're good to go. If it was a partial or total knee replacement..........................................

:confused:

I will find out in a few hours. Just killing time time the cuttin. I usually like the sound of that, not in this case though

1) Put the finishing touches on a garage I built last summer/fall
2) Add another pump/set of water lines from OWB to garage for heater
3) Pour concrete driveway
4) Get more firewood ready for next winter
5) Get out and ride my dirt bike

We bought this Toro 25 HP 52" deck ZTR last year, replaced our Dixon ZTR. Although they are expensive I save a ton of my time to do other things. When I got the Dixon going from a typical riding moxer, I cut my time in half. Got a little more gain when we got the Toro, larger deck and it moves faster.
nice, i like red, but i like black and silver better :D

finally got one and she was deliverd this week.
a tad bit of over kill for the place but it will be the last mower i will ever purchase..

but now i heard we are getting snow tommorrow, now how can the grass mow like that :censored:

oh now i have to add to my list.

clean out garden shed to fit the wife's tractor in there so i can get it out of the garage so the new ZTR will fit...:D

DSC05024.jpg

Latest posts

Back