1st post Jonsered 2054 Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIslxer

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have a Jonsered 2054 Turbo and I just wanted to know what the stock carb settings should be?

It has the Low, High and what I assume is an Idle speed screw. Does any one know exactly where to set these in terms of how many turns out from all the way in??

It was idling real high so I turned down the idle and low a little to what sounded like the proper idle. Apparently I made it too rich because it began dying when it idled. I adjusted them back in some but now it appears I have them so out of whack I can't even get the machine to stay running at all. The plug is alawys wet when I pull it out I so I assume it is still really rich.

It was running prefectly before this. It just started idling high then I screwed it up.

thanks in advance,
Jonah

I wish I could tell you to just set the screws at X turns out, but it's not that simple. Just do some reading, You may need a little coaching from someone who's adjusted carbs before. Don't panic, nothing is broken.

Initial setting of the low speed mixture needle is 1 turn open from lightly seated. Initial setting of the high speed mixture needle
is 1 1/4 turn open from lightly seated. Make sure air filter is clean. Start engine allow to reach normal operating temperature.
Turn idle speed stop screw so engine idles below clutch engagement. Adjust low speed mixture needle (L) so the engine idles
smoothly and accelerates without hesitation. Adjust the high speed mixture needle (H) to provide the best performance
while operating at max speed under load. The high speed mixture screw may be set slightly rich to improve performance
under load. The engine may be damaged if high speed screw is set to lean. Final adjustment of the mixture needles should
be within 1/4 turn of the initial setting. Large differences may indicated air leaks, plugged passages or other problems.

Hey thanks everyone. Especially Saw Troll that manual was perfect.

I am a jetski mech myself so I am pretty familiar with carbuerators and jetting.

I just needed a good baseline to begin with. It's my dads saw and he asked me to take a look at it.

Thanks again.
Jonah

Latest posts

Back