2 Basswood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vermonster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
They were hanging over the lawn leaning heavily. They had to go. There's still 6 more the same size right behind that pile. Certainly not a targeted firewood but it will be burned in the Fall next year when the temps are still relatively mild.
All this years wood (~7 cords) is put away already and ready for winter. Cutting for next year now as I have some extra time on my hands

It's just not all that much fun to cut and haul brush around when it's 85F. I almost had heat stroke yesterday. Thank God for cold beer at the end of the day. ;))

View attachment 310678

I agree with Whitespider, get it split and off the ground. I've had basswood on the ground go punky in as little as 4 months.

So I had a pile of barkless rounds a couple of years ago that I was pretty sure came from a basswood tree. That was some of the nastiest/stringiest stuff I have ever split. Is that typical for basswood or did I have my species confused?

Sounds like you had some Elm. I would not put Basswood in the stringy or hard to split category.

So I had a pile of barkless rounds a couple of years ago that I was pretty sure came from a basswood tree. That was some of the nastiest/stringiest stuff I have ever split. Is that typical for basswood or did I have my species confused?

Latest posts

Back