2 cycle oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captndavie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What oil do you use when you can't get your regular brand? I have a Stihl saw and like to use Stihl oil, but its Sunday and I need to do little cutting today. Husky oil from Lowes? What would you use?

What oil do you use when you can't get your regular brand? I have a Stihl saw and like to use Stihl oil, but its Sunday and I need to do little cutting today. Husky oil from Lowes? What would you use?

Poulan Synthetic from Wally World. It's a grey bottle and says "Weed Wacker" on it. Made by Spectrum Oil that makes oil for Echo Dolmar and Husky. Look on the back of the bottle. It says HOP. That's for Husqvarna Outdoor Products. I use it when I can't get Amsoil.

walmart super-tech oil in the saw as well as the vehicles (TDI and powerstroke) :msp_tongue:

bar oil I use waste motor oil

IMO not much difference from one to another.
Tractor Supply has good prices on larger amounts so thats what i get.

I use Klotz Super TechniPlate most of the time. I have been using it in my YZ250 and various other 2 stroke engines with excellent results. When I don't have it I also use Husqvarna synthetic oil.

Ipone strawberry scented synthetic 2 stroke oil. Ebay has it.
Pricey, but prolly the best 2 stroke oil you can buy.
I also use Polaris VES Gold too, great oil, great smell.
Why anyone would not use an oil that does a good job AND smells "good" is beyond me.
The Klotz is good, but doesn't smell as good as the Ipone or Poo VES gold.

I keep a 1 gallon mix bottle, and a 2.5 gallon bottle on hand to measure out what I need.

Lucas 2 cycle semi syn can get it in quarts for around 8 bucks at auto parts stores.:msp_thumbup:

Ipone strawberry scented synthetic 2 stroke oil. Ebay has it.
Pricey, but prolly the best 2 stroke oil you can buy.
I also use Polaris VES Gold too, great oil, great smell.
Why anyone would not use an oil that does a good job AND smells "good" is beyond me.
The Klotz is good, but doesn't smell as good as the Ipone or Poo VES gold.

I keep a 1 gallon mix bottle, and a 2.5 gallon bottle on hand to measure out what I need.

If i was out in the sticks the last thing i want is a smell that would attract bears:msp_w00t:

Amsoil is the best to use in my opinion. Love it!

I like it too but i had some H1R given to me and and decided to try it and my saws seem to like it better (maybe its just my imagination) but i never had any problems with Amsoil, infact i still have a case of 3.5oz bottles.

Horrible stuff, wouldn't use it to start a fire if I was freezing to death. Low quality, and smells like burning dump rats.

Ipone, Polaris VES Gold, Klotz. The rest is just bar and chain oil run through a paint strainer and sold for way more money.

Horrible stuff, wouldn't use it to start a fire if I was freezing to death. Low quality, and smells like burning dump rats.

Ipone, Polaris VES Gold, Klotz. The rest is just bar and chain oil run through a paint strainer and sold for way more money.

Just my opinion, Never tried, Ipone, Polaris VES Gold or Klotz. Heard they Klotz was good stuff.

I like deep fried side bacon. Breaded and fried in oil. Veggie oil works just fine.

Am I in the rite place?

:msp_confused:

Wow. If there are more than 3 pieces piled up, would that be a heart attack stack?

To answer the op's quest for info:
1st choice, Stih Ultra
2nd: Stihl dino, Husky synthetic or dino, Echo synthetic or dino.

Back