2 cycle oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have tall timber around here and it has been serving me well since I quit using Stihl oil.
I have cut a bare minimum of 100 cord with my saw in the last few years and it will out cut my dad's almost new 390.
Happy cutter here.

Anybody using Power Punch?

I have been running Lawn Boy lately. No more metal cans from Lawn Boy though, which I thought was cool. I'll be in the market for something different.

Good thread.

I have started using the mystik synthetic oil from fleet farm and so far so good. I buy it in quart bottles and have my mixing container full to so I measure out what I need and then fill my gas can.

I only use Stihl HP Ultra.
I ran out one time and ran about 1/2 tank of other stuff,
The saw sounded like somthing was different, I stop cutting drove 75 miles to town bought a 6 pack of HP Ultra, drove 75 miles back.

Soon as I got back to work I dumped the tank and filled with the stihl oil mix back to normal. Now I buy 2 or 3 six packs at a time and everytime I get to town I pick more up. If I cant find the ultra I buy the orange bottle but always look for the ultra.

I hate to say it but, when I first bought this saw I had a few issues,
now a few years later Im digging the saw and only want the best.

But, What other stuff?

Another vote for the Poulan Synthetic from Wallyworld. Mixed at 40:1 with 89 octane, I have a nice oily coating on the internals, and no carbon on the plug or exhaust screen of my NON-cat Husky 353. At $5.95 for 19.6 oz, why pay more?

That's not bad. A bottle would make you five gallons mixed real rich. Is that poulan oil labled "FD" rated/quality? Is it full synthetic, or a blend?

Bought a quart of Valvoline the other day. Kinda has a blue color, more economical than $3 bottles I think. Either way, I mixed with some premium gas for a change.

I spend enough time with the saw, I do detect a performance gain from burning fresh premium.

As was stated by someone else in this thread, I do find it hard to believe that you guys spend the extra money for stihl oil, ect. instead of a good name brand cheaper oil. I ran into this when I was mechanicing for a living. Some people would insist on using full sythetic oil at $7 a quart, so just for and average oil change they would spend and extra $25 just on oil. Yes some would run more miles before an oil change, however they were still spending more money in the long run. I figure you could easily buy a new engine for less than you spent on the oil if you did the math. I bought my two stroke oil from baileys, the woodland pro, in a 5 gallon bucket to save money. Do not have to worry about running out, and you save bunches buying in bulk so I am suprised so many buy little jugs from the store still??? I know for a fact I could save enough money in the life of a saw by using my oil vs stihl or another brand, that I could more than buy that same saw brand new and have money left over. Just a thought

That's not bad. A bottle would make you five gallons mixed real rich. Is that poulan oil labled "FD" rated/quality? Is it full synthetic, or a blend?

Don't think it has any rating label, but it is a full synthetic. Lot's of good information in this thread...

Poulan Synthetic 2 Stroke

Of special note is the info in post #34.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I got a deal on a six-pack of Stihl Ultra in the 2.6 oz bottles. When my current mix is gone (probably after the Sandy cleanup) I'm gonna give it a try.

Back