2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a lot time and work I got it done. I had Joe make the decals too.
I painted with Brass paint.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice project, Cliff. I just finished another Dolmar CL myself, out of two parts saws. One power head had been sitting outside so it was a lot of work. They are very well made saws imo.

Nice puller you got there, but I am surprised you were able to pull that starter pulley off the base plate. There is a big circlips on the inner side preventing to pull the wheel off without dismantling the starter assembly first... took me a while to figure that out.

PS. Schweeeeeeet result

Thanks belgian,

I did not see any cir clips.

Here is the starter pulley right after I pulled it.

attachment.php

Here is what he sent with the puller

attachment.php

I was unable to pull that round base plate out its housing, because it was badly corroded I guess.. Not sure if it was designed to be pulled out anyway. I pulled as you did, using the heat gun process several times, but did not succeed. If I had pulled further, I would have damaged the bolt threads. So I loosened the housing from the saw and was able to pull the whole assembly (thanks to the slotted key design), and get access to the rear of the assembly.

If you remove the cirlips where indicated you can pull the starter pulley very easily and get access to the pulley shaft bearing.

attachment.php

Here's a view of the rear of my saw (before rebuilt)

Last edited:
IEL Supper 51

[video=youtube;3JWrHxCg_xQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWrHxCg_xQ&feature=share&list=UUhJFcViE8FQ5EIorHiLkUjQ[/video]

Last edited:
Back