2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally... Got the Mall to run today!
Then discovered it blowing oil/mix out from between the head/cylinder. So tore it back apart, cleaned it, check everything, tightened back.
Got it to run again, to discover a crack in the carb and gas is leaking out
:cry:
Pics to follow

But the sound of the ol Mall was incredible. 2 man saws rock :rock:
Thanks for the instructions Mr Dean!

Finally... Got the Mall to run today!
Then discovered it blowing oil/mix out from between the head/cylinder. So tore it back apart, cleaned it, check everything, tightened back.
Got it to run again, to discover a crack in the carb and gas is leaking out
:cry:
Pics to follow

But the sound of the ol Mall was incredible. 2 man saws rock :rock:
Thanks for the instructions Mr Dean!

I've always maintained that if it were too easy we'd quickly loose interest.
Igpoe:cheers:

I agree with you on that my friend. I think we have a handle on this thing almost. The setting to get it to run was everything all the way in then when it fired I turned the main out 1/4 turn and the other one also. That's when it blow oil and mix all over us. We got that fixed and that's when we found the leak. It's up near the top of where the main screws in. going to give it a going over in the AM and see what we come up with. It my take awhile but we'll get it going to suit LP some how. Told me he liked the recoil on my Mercury today after all this pulling.

Yes sir!
On the outside, looks like just a little excess fuel is flowing outwards, but IDK how far the crack goes inside.
I dont think my interest will ever leave these ol 2 mans though.

:cheers: to you

LP and I are looking for a decent KB 7 to put with the DA 211. If you guys happen to know of one we'd like some info on it. We have to work from a poor boys budget but we'll find one some how.

Thanks SP & LP

Is the Mall 7 supposed to dribble out a little gas? There is a small hole on the backside of the carb- between the case and the carb. It hides behind the throttle spring. Seems that is where the gas is coming out. Not sure if the saw is flooding or not? :dizzy:
I wasnt sure maybe if when you push the tickler it acts like a primer, then the excess runs out.

I thought I remembered seeing IGPOEs dripping a little.

LP and I are looking for a decent KB 7 to put with the DA 211. If you guys happen to know of one we'd like some info on it. We have to work from a poor boys budget but we'll find one some how.

Thanks SP & LP

I am sure I have a few KB series saws to sell.

Bill

Is the Mall 7 supposed to dribble out a little gas? There is a small hole on the backside of the carb- between the case and the carb. It hides behind the throttle spring. Seems that is where the gas is coming out. Not sure if the saw is flooding or not? :dizzy:
I wasnt sure maybe if when you push the tickler it acts like a primer, then the excess runs out.

I thought I remembered seeing IGPOEs dripping a little.

If you think about it, all you're doing when you push the tickler is reopening the needle from the seat so that the bowl will be really,really full when you crank it over. The "leak" hole is there so you don't flood the crap out of it.
Igpoe:givebeer:

If you think about it, all you're doing when you push the tickler is reopening the needle from the seat so that the bowl will be really,really full when you crank it over. The "leak" hole is there so you don't flood the crap out of it.
Igpoe:givebeer:

Thank you sir. That makes a lot of since, after hearing it from you :)
Gonna put it all back together and try it out again. Have a antique saw demonstration on the 9th and hoping it will be going by then. And if its running before the GTG that would be even better

Thank you sir. That makes a lot of since, after hearing it from you :)
Gonna put it all back together and try it out again. Have a antique saw demonstration on the 9th and hoping it will be going by then. And if its running before the GTG that would be even better

Antique saw demonstration on the 9th

Thanks supercabs!

Bumped the DA-211 in a poplar log today. What a great sounding saw.

Anybody know how to sharpen scratcher chain?

Dean, there may be a suprise video of a running Mall 7 at the GTG. We had a few choice words, but I got it to crank and run a few times. :cheers:

Learning one step at a time.

attachment.php

Thanks Cliff!

:yourock:

Learned a lot yesterday on the Mall 7. Easy to flood, but removing the main needle will let all the excess fuel run out, then it starts up a little easier.

The 3120 with 72" got ran in some 40" white oak yesterday too.

Antique saw demonstration on the 9th

Yea park in Richfield is having there Party in the Park the 9th and asked if we'd bring the two-mans down and run um. It lasts from 9 till 4:00, old tractors and cars, bands food and kids games. Kinda small but we'll see we've never been.

Now we just got to make sure everybody will run when we go.

Is the Titan Bluestreak the only 2 man with opposing cylinders?

Talked to a ol timer that said his dad or granddad use to have a big 2 man with opposing cylinders, but he couldnt remember what happened to it, or what it was called. Just that it came from Oregon. :cry:

Is the Titan Bluestreak the only 2 man with opposing cylinders?

Talked to a ol timer that said his dad or granddad use to have a big 2 man with opposing cylinders, but he couldnt remember what happened to it, or what it was called. Just that it came from Oregon. :cry:

a lot of stihl here on west coast pre WW2 but his was probaly a titan.

when the war broke the US started using stihl design

1937 stihl twin
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6c2b993925e51e4888256ba2000b55e7?OpenDocument

the first titan 1941
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...db066a193ee41e9488256b47000a5920?OpenDocument

This is a great thread :clap: I just saw a remington?? Two man at the local sporting goods store.
50" bar and a helper handle.

Guess I better remember to take some pics, and remember the dang camera so it's not a crummy cell shot lol. I'll be there before the weekend. Need some shotgun shells, YAY for duck season:clap:

Was used locally to cut old growth according to the plaque next to it.

Back