• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 2 N.I.B. Stihl MS460's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A special promotion on craigslist is hardly reason to bomb this guys thread, in which it shows the msrp of $1079 (which is the price at my local dealer), which with MI sales tax turns out to be about $1143. Sorry, i exaggerated by $57 on my original poast lol.

OP said the 460's are powerheads only your looking at another 80.00 for b&c. And if he's the one buying them you have no warranty. A new saw you get two years. Just saying!

Wtf happened to a guy just bein able to post somethin for sale without being hacked on by guys who have no interest in his item? What if a buyer magically has a bar and chain for a stihl already?? :surprised3: So what if its more than what you think it should sell for? Only reason i posted in here was cuz the first response was some pecker tellin the OP how cheap he could get a 461. Cool dudes, then leave his thread alone. Common courtesy ya know?? Good luck with your sale @coltont, and good on ya for tryin to pass something along to another.

Wtf happened to a guy just bein able to post somethin for sale without being hacked on by guys who have no interest in his item? What if a buyer magically has a bar and chain for a stihl already?? :surprised3: So what if its more than what you think it should sell for? Only reason i posted in here was cuz the first response was some pecker tellin the OP how cheap he could get a 461. Cool dudes, then leave his thread alone. Common courtesy ya know?? Good luck with your sale @coltont, and good on ya for tryin to pass something along to another.
#1 I'm entitled to my opinion, I was just comparing a new 461 for $849 near me. How bout some courtesy and not calling someone a pecker just cause you don't agree w/ them!!!!

#1 I'm entitled to my opinion, I was just comparing a new 461 for $849 near me. How bout some courtesy and not calling someone a pecker just cause you don't agree w/ them!!!!
The thing is, dude, your opinion doesnt matter in this case. Its his thread, and you came in with a local promotional price on a different saw altogether, just sayin...and i thought i was being courteous, i used a word that wasnt blanked out by the censors LOL!!

How good are the seals in a saw thats been sitting for years? The dealer by me that nobody could stand still has a 025 on the shelf. Would you buy it after sitting for ten years?

Case seals are dirt cheap even OEM, just replace them for cheap insurance its easy. Now going with this same thought process with aging rubber components you'd be wise to check the intake boot, and AV.

No doubt, I'd have no reservations about these saws.

Good deal here for a guy who loves 460s.
Right on:chainsaw:. 460 is a great saw, one of the best mid sized bucking saws in my (humble :laugh:) opinion. I know guys with many yrs on them, this from a guy who really enjoys his huskys.
Case seals are dirt cheap even OEM, just replace them for cheap insurance its easy. Now going with this same thought process with aging rubber components you'd be wise to check the intake boot, and AV.
I'd fuel those things up and run them and not even think twice about it except to laugh when I thought back to this thread LOL.
Thats fair enough, i guess my opinion doesnt ultimately matter either lol. At least were keepin the OPs thread at the top haha
It does matter, as much as the guy posting the craigslist stihl dealer, plus a couple points because your from Michigan :happy:.
I was thinking while reading all this that this has stayed at the top for a while :).
Just my humble opinion if I spend a grand on a saw a warranty would be a must have. Poop happens!
What is up with this, are we gonna have to start calling you JackHog now too(hopefully you know this is a joke :)).

- OP has 2 NIB 460s. That should actually demand a premium. You can't get them anymore and they are NIB!!!

- the 849 is a promo deal for a single dealer. Which none of us would know about unless you posted it. Furthermore none of us can even capitalize on the promo unless we lived within a reasonable driving distance of the dealer. AND it's while supplies last so he might be sold out at that price anyway.

retail here is 1099.95 + Tax for 461 + 20" B&C.

- OP has 2 NIB 460s. That should actually demand a premium. You can't get them anymore and they are NIB!!!

- the 849 is a promo deal for a single dealer. Which none of us would know about unless you posted it. Furthermore none of us can even capitalize on the promo unless we lived within a reasonable driving distance of the dealer. AND it's while supplies last so he might be sold out at that price anyway.

retail here is 1099.95 + Tax for 461 + 20" B&C.
Thats right, besides he never even offered to set anyone up with one himself, that would have been kind, and is just what the OP did :).

I might as well throw my .02 in. The Op actually doesn't have in his hands anything and they are not his to sell! They are at a shop and for all we know.. they might be gone. Hes just willing to be a "middle man" if you choose to roll the dice.

It is a discontinued saw but I did call my local guy to price check on what he has in the shop and i could get a 661 with a 32 bar for 1080 OTD with Warranty.

I might as well throw my .02 in. The Op actually doesn't have in his hands anything and they are not his to sell! They are at a shop and for all we know.. they might be gone. Hes just willing to be a "middle man" if you choose to roll the dice.

It is a discontinued saw but I did call my local guy to price check on what he has in the shop and i could get a 661 with a 32 bar for 1080 OTD with Warranty.
Exactly! So someone better jump on these before its too late! lol

Latest posts

Back