• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2 Poulan 4200's $150 each or $275 for both. Thanks AS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardhat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got 2 old 4200 Countervibes. Think I bought 1 off Craiglist years ago and the other off Ebay. Both running at time of purchase.

#1 I put a 20" Bar and ran 3/8" LP ripping chain to cut sides off slabs with granberg mini mill. Put new fuel line on and saw starts and runs fine. Missing a couple screws on recoil cover. Top screw is not stock. Previous owner worked some magic there, but it stays put fine. Compression I think is on low side at it does not pass the old hold it up by the starter rope test, but runs and oils. See pics. Air filter in good shape. Has wrong type of gas cap on it (came this way).

#2 I put a new fuel line and gas in it, cranked it, and it has sat and sat and sat. Cranks with fuel poured in carb, but needs a carb rebuild I'm sure. Compression seems better on this one when holding up by starter rope. Air filter needs replacing. Missing couple screws in recoil cover.

Both saws appear complete other than missing those screws.

I have a soft spot for these old saws as I've still got my dad's old 4200, but these just sit on the shelf and I've got to get rid of some old saws to make room for ongoing CAD.......At this point more interested in cutting wood than tinkering with old saws.

Buyer pays shipping.

1-1.jpg 1-2.jpg 1-3.jpg 1-4.jpg 1-5.jpg

2-1.jpg 2-2.jpg 2-3.jpg 2-4.jpg 2-5.jpg

Pretty sure this is old video from #2 when I got it.

Latest posts

Back