2 spool valve assembly?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
UPS came today. Here is what I got from Surplus Center.IMG_4248 (1).jpgIMG_4246.jpg
Does it matter which work valve is placed first or second when stacking? It does not appear to from the instructions. Obviously the motor valve will be used most.

This will replace the current conveyor valve for the hydraulic drive motor, and control the cylinder for up/down.
My preference is the motor valve first. Inlet/F/B/Outlet.
Of course I've mixed them up after removing from the box, but only one, F, has detent.
Torque is in inch pounds, or 12.5 foot pounds. That is not a lot, so once together, I'm taking it to a friends auto shop to torque, rather than using my cheap torque wrench.

Cylinder isn't here yet, which means waiting to mount the valve and get hoses.

Is the motor spool going to run all the time? You only have one in and out, the valve first in line will take all the fluid leaving none for the remaining valves in the assembly. If the motor spool is meant to run continuous, it needs to be put in line last. Operating the other valve will cause an interruption in flow from the motor spool valve as fluid is diverted to run the other functions. If the two functions will not be running at the same time, then it doesnt really matter which spool is first in line.

IMG_4250.jpg
Inlet w/relief.
IMG_4249.jpg
Outlet. I guess power beyond depends on the plug option? The instructions indicate Option 1: open center plug.
Option 2: power beyond plug (doesn't look like a plug, more like a fitting)
Option 3: closed center plug (stamped CC in typical assembly)
Option 4: (none listed)
Option 5: (none listed)
Option 6: open center w/pressure build-up check. Required for solenoid.
Option 7: power beyond w/pr. (?) Build-up check (?)

Back