• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2 Stihl 028's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
SALE PENDING ON BOTH SAWS AS OF 2/13/15
I have one for parts about 70% percent complete and 1 running 028 with bar and chain. The running saw is in pretty good shape but, there is always a but . The runner is missing the clutch cage bearing and there is a plastic cover above the clutch that is missing 3 ( I think )t-27 screws. The parts saw is missing the Muffler. The piston looks good in both saws all plastic in the runner also looks good. I think all the plastic in the parts saw is re-usable as well. I will post some pictures of the runner and if you want to see the parts saw the next post has pictures of it. it is however a plain power head. The runner has a so so chain and what looks like an almost new bar. Asking $175.00 plus you pay shipping thanks Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0628.JPG
    IMG_0628.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0624.JPG
    IMG_0624.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 119
The Parts 028 saw:
This was a parts saw before I bought it I think . I do think most of it is here but the Muffler and some screws appear to be missing. The air filter mounting surface has some creative body work too. It looks bad but is as rugged as can be .If you have a questions dont hesitate to ask. I will be leaving for work now and will be back on later today to check any responses. Thanks Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0636.JPG
    IMG_0636.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 69
the top cover could have been switched at one time on it to a WB AV EQ saw or a plastic tank could have been switched to a WB.??? the cylinder could tell all.

Yea I am sure if you were a stihl guy you would know right off. I know more about my partners than any other saw I guess. I figure for $175.00 you cant beat that. I bet with a few parts and a carb cleaning the " parts saw" would run too. I am not going to mess with them they will sell or not.
In the spring I will buy the cage bearing and a few screws maybe $20 bucks all told and sell it for $250.00 right on the front lawn. I have wicked good luck selling right on the lawn . I have had a couple pm's telling me $175 for the 2 saws is way too cheap. I set the price and I will stick with is for a while. I can make a little profit and someone gets a good deal I think. So for now I will just wait and see.

Yea I am sure if you were a stihl guy you would know right off. I know more about my partners than any other saw I guess. I figure for $175.00 you cant beat that. I bet with a few parts and a carb cleaning the " parts saw" would run too. I am not going to mess with them they will sell or not.
In the spring I will buy the cage bearing and a few screws maybe $20 bucks all told and sell it for $250.00 right on the front lawn. I have wicked good luck selling right on the lawn . I have had a couple pm's telling me $175 for the 2 saws is way too cheap. I set the price and I will stick with is for a while. I can make a little profit and someone gets a good deal I think. So for now I will just wait and see.
You should wait to sell on your lawn. No brainer here.

Well for right now they may as well be posted here as not, I would not get them on the lawn till end of April at the earlyest anyway. At some point though if they dont sell i will go get the few parts they need and spend some time cleaning them up for sale this spring. I have very little time in them right now, i did not clean then them up as i wanted the guys on the site here to be able to see the honest way the saws look . Once i start putting time and effort/ parts into them then i will have to ask for more money. I am not in any big hurry and this is the low impact way to sell them right now ha ha after all It is winter in Maine ya know got to conserve energy!

the top cover could have been switched at one time on it to a WB AV EQ saw or a plastic tank could have been switched to a WB.??? the cylinder could tell all.

Hey Jug i have a question how do you take the top cover off so you can see the cylinder lets say? I see the 2 T-27 screws on the left but on the right there is a strange looking thing ,at first glance it looks like maybe a decomp button. I know it is not , it has a slot in it but it does not look like any screw i have ever seen before. With the 2 t-27 screws removed the cover seems to be hung up on this strange looking thing , but i did not dare to remove it. I have no idea what type of magic it controls...

Thats just a funny looking bolt that helps hold the cover on on that side.;) tighten it just a tad before loosening.those are known to get corroded and snap off in the cylinder.probably have 3-4 cylinders that i got to get it out off.

Well i guess i really have no need to try, but i like to know how if need be. Thanks i will be verrry careful if i attempt it. I may put some Aero Kroil or PB blaster on there and let it soak.
I do or might,... have to take off the oil gear to put on a clutch cage bearing at some point. The oil gear however seems to be stuck on? I looked at the doner saw as well and so is that one. I guess that might break off ? if you are not careful taking it off too hua? I read some place here to pull up while wiggiling left and right to get the pump gear off. Them saws have some scary parts to remove dont they ??

Hey i have another question the bar oil plate on the 28 runner i have, does that have just 1plate close to the saw body or is it supposed to have 2 one on each side of the bar? This saw has 1 next to the saw body and it is held in place by the bar i guess? it is not screwed to the saw . It just sits there until you put the bar on then it seems to be held there by the bar does this sound right? I just dont want to tell people it is all there if it is not , ya know? Thanks btw for all the help like i said before i am not familar with the stihls

Just one plate.shoulld have a small screw between the bar studs to hold it.;)
Yeah the 029 series seems to be the worst to work on.then the 025 series is up there along with the 009 top handles.:laugh: i think that covers it.:laugh:

Back