• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2 Stihl 028's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey i have another question the bar oil plate on the 28 runner i have, does that have just 1plate close to the saw body or is it supposed to have 2 one on each side of the bar? This saw has 1 next to the saw body and it is held in place by the bar i guess? it is not screwed to the saw . It just sits there until you put the bar on then it seems to be held there by the bar does this sound right? I just dont want to tell people it is all there if it is not , ya know? Thanks btw for all the help like i said before i am not familar with the stihls

Jeff,
Just one metal plate on the Stihl's. Usually two nylon sliders on the inside of the clutch cover take care of the outside. Good idea to remove the flat head screw on the inside metal guard and blow that area out with an air compressor. Over time, lots of gunk builds up behind it from the saw dust and oiler and it can slow or all together stop the oiler from working properly. Just be careful you don't blow the gunk back into the oiler and plug it up. GLWS

Guys,
Jeff is about as conscious and as strait shooting as they come- buy with confidence! ;)

Jug / S Tebo,...i am nothing if not dence but i just realized that everytime we post that puts my " For Sale " ad back to the top of the list. That is probably not fair so i think i better not post here any more i dont want to screw up other people trying to sll thier saws. If you want to continue to school me we better do it in a pm. Thanks for all of your help i really appreceiate it . Jeff

Jeff,
Just one metal plate on the Stihl's. Usually two nylon sliders on the inside of the clutch cover take care of the outside. Good idea to remove the flat head screw on the inside metal guard and blow that area out with an air compressor. Over time, lots of gunk builds up behind it from the saw dust and oiler and it can slow or all together stop the oiler from working properly. Just be careful you don't blow the gunk back into the oiler and plug it up. GLWS

Guys,
Jeff is about as conscious and as strait shooting as they come- buy with confidence! ;)

Thank you for the vote of confidance S Tebo. I should not even try to sell anything i am a nervous wreck ha ha ha. I worry abut making sure the potential buyer knows all the truth about the saw. One time i sold a Mini Mac and a Homelite to a guy here a dealer / sponcer. I told him i would just send him the saws and if he wanted them after he ran them awhile then he could send me the money later.... Good thing for me he pointed out the folly in that plan ha ha. He insisted to pay first then send the saws and i did. That may have stopped me from getting myself into a bad situation later on.

Incase people are watching this post i have decided that the saw is missing a few small parts. So just ordered them from a stihl dealer nearby. The parts i orders are, one large retaining ring clutch side 31 mm x 1.2mm, one Needle Sleeve ( needle bearing) and 3 spline screws 4 mm x 12mm to hold on plastic cover behind the oil plate. The saw was missing 2-3 of them. The price for the parts will be added to the cost of the saw when they are installed. Looks like about $ 15-20 dollars all told.
EDIT I have also decided to up grade to a rim sprocket drive instead of a spur that is there now and all worn out. I have this part now but I am still waiting for the Bearing and the screws . I will show you the rim drive that I just received. Thanks Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back