2-Stroke Mix Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good point some are getting kind of senile though:lol:

Na, just mean and grumpy. ;)
So how old is your house? Odds are the copper pipes that carry your water are held together with lead solder...... :surprised3:
When your gums start going black- it is time to worry. :yes:

Hell, all of us that are old enough to have run saws a lot back in the days when all you could buy was gas with lead in it- must have died years ago? :surprised3:

With the Quaker state 30wt oil for two stroke mix. I started at 8 yo in my Rupp go kart with the Clinton engine 2.5 hp panther engine. The blue smoke following me around my track. Breathing in the good stuff. Then when I started running saws, and welding for 20+ years. I’m still here. It’s a chess game of life with what’s going to kill us.

Righto, the ones who didn't make it(for whatever reason, eating paint chips or whatever).............aren't here to tell us about it. :D

100LL in a chainsaw wouldn't kill me, but basic mitigation of known hazards seems prudent.

I have asbestos ceiling and floor tiles in my house, I'm not worrying about them but I'm not going out of my way to disturb them either. I wear a respirator or use other smoke mitigation when welding, depending on which process. When practicing the art of klik-pao, I wipe the lead off my hands before reaching into the chip bag. Have smoke detectors wear a seatbelt etc etc.

I'll keep stacking the deck in my favor when I can.

So how old is your house? Odds are the copper pipes that carry your water are held together with lead solder...... :surprised3:

Yeah 1940s lol. A little lead don't worry me I got shot with an air rifle 10 odd years ago and the slug went through a lung and lives in my heart muscle from then on:)

The Schaeffer's? All I know is the guy that recommended it said has ran it for umpteen years with no issues. I do believe it says for saws in the fine print.

I use Stihl hp ultra.I've used Motul 800 road racing and off road. For stock saws, the Motul off road is better than the Road racing. The last one is better for hotsaws, it won't burn in a stock saw.These are the best oils around here. Watch hotsaws' 101 video on Youtube.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Righto, the ones who didn't make it(for whatever reason, eating paint chips or whatever).............aren't here to tell us about it. :D

100LL in a chainsaw wouldn't kill me, but basic mitigation of known hazards seems prudent.

I have asbestos ceiling and floor tiles in my house, I'm not worrying about them but I'm not going out of my way to disturb them either. I wear a respirator or use other smoke mitigation when welding, depending on which process. When practicing the art of klik-pao, I wipe the lead off my hands before reaching into the chip bag. Have smoke detectors wear a seatbelt etc etc.

I'll keep stacking the deck in my favor when I can.

90f.jpg

How black do ya think they can be?Whattabout when us youngsters used to dig for lead at the rifle range?
I was always kind of partial to this stuff- getting harder to find now though.

View attachment 799665
Uh, how do you pronounce that?

How black do ya think they can be?Whattabout when us youngsters used to dig for lead at the rifle range?

Uh, how do you pronounce that?

Not too black- like my dad's- he used to coach and teach beginners indoor small bore rifle target shooting.........

Pronounce that?...... Carefully in mixed company! :laugh:

Latest posts

Back