2 Ways to give Arboriculture a Black Eye

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He writes okay.

Too bad he doesn't pay attention.

I don't think he figured out where the topic originally stemmed from, which would be a professional tree worker - Certified Arborist - simultaneously advertising their videos of illegal climbing of protected forests, while also displaying their certified arborist status online.

It would sort of be like a licensed physician displaying videos online of illegal medical practices in one state, while displaying their licensed title and practicing legally in another state.

It's got virtually nothing to do with the general day to day hobby of recreational climbing.
:laugh: :fart:

He writes okay.

Too bad he doesn't pay attention.

I don't think he figured out where the topic originally stemmed from, which would be a professional tree worker - Certified Arborist - simultaneously advertising their videos of illegal climbing of protected forests, while also displaying their certified arborist status online.

It would sort of be like a licensed physician displaying videos online of illegal medical practices in one state, while displaying their licensed title and practicing legally in another state.

It's got virtually nothing to do with the general day to day hobby of recreational climbing.
:spam:

So mario, what damage has been done to Mr. Rockefeller's forests by these illigitimit climbers? I don't think any of my 4 certs has the slightest speck of soil from that. Cert is imo compromised far worse by pontificators who lack practical experience, and unqualified risk assessors covering their dumb butts by recommending removal because they don't understand much else..

Before you flip into denial mode re TreeCo's observation, note that you refer twice to climbers as "tree workers", as if these persons were distinct from and somehow lesser than 'arborists". As a CTW and a BCMA I'm offended doubly by that. :censored: It looks to me like an arborist who does not care to climb is hampered just as badly as a climber who does not care to learn about biology.
bump this for a good post about the thread at hand:clap:

sweet.

terry told me to tell you that he owes you a beer. so you know he's in too.

nothing like being perched on a branch way up there taking it in, huh?

i say a sweet early spring climb with the boys would be cool. who got a big tree in their backyard who wants to party? something near a bbq would be cool with me.

Let's make it happen!
-moss

yo M.D., stop giving yourself black eyes and learn ta climb! you will feel much better:)

I suppose according to Vaden's logic then that Philippe Petit gave wire walking a black eye too. :monkey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIawNRm9NWM

Heck...

No need to look to that far ...

Just look at the main moderator of Tree World.

That's you ... Ekka ...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Arborist Site was not big enough for you to contaminate. So you had to build your own site to dump more contamination.

Or are you finally resorting to sending all your garbage over here to Arborist Site now?

Actually, Arborist Site should have a BUTTON just for you. A special report to Darin that Ekka is up to his antics button.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Heck...

No need to look to that far ...

Just look at the main moderator of Tree World.

That's you ... Ekka ...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Arborist Site was not big enough for you to contaminate. So you had to build your own site to dump more contamination.

Or are you finally resorting to sending all your garbage over here to Arborist Site now?

Actually, Arborist Site should have a BUTTON just for you. A special report to Darin that Ekka is up to his antics button.

:popcorn:
i think ekka has a great site with many good top notch members. maby your mad cause you dont fit in. when ya going to stop giving yourself all them black eyes vaden?:dizzy:

i think ekka has a great site with many good top notch members.

Any site can have some good members.

Even a third world country is going to have good tourists. That's where the value of a third world country comes from.

You confuse moderation or management with a portion of membership.

Looks like you are wrong.

Last edited:
Any site can have some good members.

Even a third world country is going to have good tourists. That's where the value of a third world country comes from.

You confuse moderation or management with a portion of membership.

Looks like you are wrong.
only in your mind! ill tip ekka off so he can stop by and give you another big black shiner. i think you should use some of your knowledge to help others instead of talking shat. untill than ill be working towards turning your rep to red!!!

i think you should use some of your knowledge to help others instead of talking shat.

That's where the problem starts, what knowledge? :laugh:

Thanks for the plug Vaden, I personally would not be dropping a link or name to my forum but good to see you don't mind.

So we have a wire walker who conquered the world's tallest towers, if you care to watch the movie and how they did it you'll be amazed to see that although illegal and the cops drag the guy off he got what as a penalty?

He got global recognition and inspired people.

And as you can see by Vaden's toxicity he likes to label people and acts to the contrary, the future inspiration would be safely sitting beside your PC buying Vaden pics of redwoods all at ground level.

People have since the day of dawn been driven, inspired and wanting to conquer mountains, rivers, oceans and yes even trees. Do I consider those people (of exceptional drive and talent) a black eye to a particular entire industry? No. Sadly Mario does, then contaminates places like this with his rhetoric spilling from the said topic, to people, forums, heck what next a whole nation a black eye Vaden?

Now on arboricultural issues, whether they be the academic side or the practical side, any time you want a match Vaden it's on, with a wager of course, hopefully unlike last time you don't go running away and back stabbing like a typical LOSER.

attachment.php

Last edited:
That's where the problem starts, what knowledge? :laugh:

Thanks for the plug Vaden, I personally would not be dropping a link or name to my forum but good to see you don't mind.

So we have a wire walker who conquered the world's tallest towers, if you care to watch the movie and how they did it you'll be amazed to see that although illegal and the cops drag the guy off he got what as a penalty?

He got global recognition and inspired people.

And as you can see by Vaden's toxicity he likes to label people and acts to the contrary, the future inspiration would be safely sitting beside your PC buying Vaden pics of redwoods all at ground level.

People have since the day of dawn been driven, inspired and wanting to conquer mountains, rivers, oceans and yes even trees. Do I consider those people (of exceptional drive and talent) a black eye to a particular entire industry? No. Sadly Mario does, then contaminates places like this with his rhetoric spilling from the said topic, to people, forums, heck what next a whole nation a black eye Vaden?

Now on arboricultural issues, whether they be the academic side or the practical side, any time you want a match Vaden it's on, with a wager of course, hopefully unlike last time you don't go running away and back stabbing like a typical LOSER.

attachment.php
and vaden runs off:check:

Thanks for that, I just gave it one star because zero was not an option. :notrolls2:

Wow, what a long thread for such a simple subject.

I agree that poor work standards affects an industry but be careful not to assume that lacking a piece of paper means you lack skills. I sat in class with a guy who has been climbing since 1972 but has no certification.

It is also possible that seeing a certified arborist posting pictures of breaking the law MAY have a negative influence on how our profession is perceived.

However neither of these will be as damaging as slagging off at each other as has been the case in this thread. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back