$200 price rang for milling saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Granberg mini mill is designed for up to 20", my 7910 does that quite adequately. That's about 6,6 kg (14,5 lbs) to hold up with your left hand (without fuel and oil).
Quite practical with the single guidebar attachment, just pull it out of the cut or put it back in there when ever you want. A really practical worksite tool indeed.

With the 038 mag copy cat saw I used a 24" and a double guidebar attachment copy cat mill jig, 28" at the widest part of the beech wood log.
I thought it worked out amazingly well considered the "120cc / 2000 bucks is a must" feedback you get on this forum, I still do. However the Granberg mill jig with the CNC'ed brackets is a world better.

My conclusion on that is that I would recommend finding out for yourself what you really need, rather than listening to much to what the macho men would like you to believe.
I'm not saying you won't come to the conclusion you'd eventually prefer a 660 for the wood you're milling, but that I've found out I'm quite happy indeed with less for the wood I'm milling.

Latest posts

Back