$200 splitter I bought

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought this splitter for $200 . I know it is a long shot ut I just couldnt resist it . It needs alot of attention but I think it will do the job . I need all your input in this one.

Old world war 1 log splitters ? Really $ 200 aint bad long as you got the major components you can put a couple hundred more in it and have the log splitter you dreamed of .

Is that a car engine on there? Holy crap, that thing will run any pump you want. You could probably run a 6" ram at 100 tons and crush wood into coal.

pacman that is going to be one wicked splitter wow never dreamed anyone would have a small block chevy on there log splitter. As far as the 200 bucks thats probably about scrap price Id say you done good if all else fails quite the coversation peice

A six inch cylinder won't produce 100 ton now a eight will produce 67 tons at 2750 PSI. You people thought I was nutty putting a V6 on my splitter with that V8 on there thats just insane :laugh:.

Last edited:
My input..................
HOLY LEAPIN' MOTHER OF FROGS!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Welp, me thinks ya haves a BIG project there, iyiyiyiyiyi, wtf were they splitting with that monster?? As stated above, ya got a steal there, I think, maybe, I mean sheesh, that mag wheel, axel, and the I-beam gotsta worth what you paid! At worst you could part it out, at best, well, start tearing into it and see what you can use for maybe something smaller that works for ya? dunno, gotta love the engine-uity of some, that there is a prize no matter what. Good scoop man! (well maybe sorrta, dunno) :monkey: :D

:chainsaw: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :chainsaw:

:cheers:

Serge

Thanks ! It was firing last night but it was full of water from being out side .It didnt have any hydrolic fluid in it so I didnt try to start it but tomorrow im going to get it fired up to see if the pump will work .

200.00$ log splitter

Man, that thing is FUGLY!!! But seriously that thing has some real possibilties and you can turn it into what you want. Great Buy

:dizzy: Man almost a loss for words. Don't see to many splitters with a small block do you? I mean you can put a front end, steering box and drive train on it and pull a trailer with it!!! Seriously but does it run and do you plan on restoring it as is? What size cylinder is that? Any idea of the pump capacity? Lots to consider before rebuilding, but best of luck.

pump , cylinder

Took some more pics too . The pump is about 5-6 inches wide . I was wondering . How many ton it could push that 55 in cylinder .Any body have any idea ?

Took some more pics too . The pump is about 5-6 inches wide . I was wondering . How many ton it could push that 55 in cylinder .Any body have any idea ?
No idea but it looks ta be a pretty tiny pump considering the rest of it. I think I'd pull the ram apart etc. considerin' the rust everywhere and clean things up and vigorously lube it all, check and flush all the lines etc. etc., hide behind a scatter shield, send the kids to gram's house :D

I had thought i had seen it all up untill now.If all else fails ,you can put that motor in your truck,,,,,,,,,,,,this site can come up with some of the wierdest **** sometimes.But lovin eevery second of it

The monster is at my job in the shop . I will be going there tomorrow the get it started . I got only this from the pic of pump ( commercial and these numbers 8115-3503 ) .

Your wife must love you. And if she doesn't, you wont have to worry about losing the splitter in a settlement. Just kidding, good luck with your project.

Back