• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

SOLD!!!! 2000 gmc 5500; MI 49453

Sandhill Crane

Sandhill Crane

AS Member
Second owner; 343k miles; Cat 3126; 6 speed manual (replaced remanufactured with pto (no wet kit), with clutch, as it was popping out of second under load); hydraulic brakes; 12.5' flatbed; heavy duty fabricated step bumper with pintle hitch/brake controller; short wheel base; 20,500 gvw; weighs about 11,500, payload 9k. Plated at 24k.
DOT registered; Feb. 2020 inspection and service; paperwork since new including original bill of sale; owned and fleet maintained by interstate dewatering company (highway miles until I purchased it); Good reliable truck. I was going to put a landscape dump on it, and decided to order a 16' dump trailer) Hood has fiberglass damage from 2" dead tree limb dropping on it, and some near one hood hinge that was there when I bought it.
$4,500. IMG_4664.jpg

Sandhill Crane

Sandhill Crane

AS Member
Single speed.
If it had air brakes, I believe you would need a cdl with air brake endorsement, but it's not over 26,001 gvw so not sure.
Anyway, hydraulic brakes, no cdl required, unless you pull a trailer and cgvw is over 26,001.
It does have an air adjustable drivers seat, and new windshield last year for DOT inspection.
It's worth the money just for the engine and transmission.
Wood deck was replaced when I bought it with rough sawn oak.
Plates expired in March and I canceled insurance due to Covid 19 and cancelation of firewood sales for the year.
As stated, I've ordered a dump trailer for next year.
If it doesn't sell I may pull the dump trailer with it, and use the flatbed to deliver pallets to customers with tractors or skid steers that can unload them.
Rather not have it sit.
It has been kept up, and would love to see someone get some use out of it.

TLG

Komatsu Iron Life
Just a couple bits of info for yourself and future buyers:
26,000GVW-Under
Air or Hydraulic brakes no cdl required. DOT physical is required.
10,000# and up-Commercial vehicle pulling a trailer a DOT physical is required.
26,001# and up CDL and DOT physical is required.
So my suggestion is to keep the company name, logo, or business off the chassis/doors of the truck. Yes it looks good and makes an image but again. 10,000# and up you have to carry a physical card.
Hope this information helps someone out and let's you keep your money in your wallet.
Thx. Tim G.

Sandhill Crane

Sandhill Crane

AS Member
Good information!
I got fined for not being DOT registered; and additional fines for no triangles or fire extinguisher.
Did the physical, random one owner drug test, intra-state registration, and chauffeurs license.
DOT registration does not cost anything. The other stuff does in order to register.

Reactions: TLG
Sandhill Crane

Sandhill Crane

AS Member
Bump.
Really dependable medium duty truck.
Currently have it washed up and at the end of the driveway.
Put the batteries on battery tenders in the garage, as it is not being used,
and to keep sticky fingers from carrying them off.