• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2000 gmc 5500; MI 49453

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Second owner; 343k miles; Cat 3126; 6 speed manual (replaced remanufactured with pto (no wet kit), with clutch, as it was popping out of second under load); hydraulic brakes; 12.5' flatbed; heavy duty fabricated step bumper with pintle hitch/brake controller; short wheel base; 20,500 gvw; weighs about 11,500, payload 9k. Plated at 24k.
DOT registered; Feb. 2020 inspection and service; paperwork since new including original bill of sale; owned and fleet maintained by interstate dewatering company (highway miles until I purchased it); Good reliable truck. I was going to put a landscape dump on it, and decided to order a 16' dump trailer) Hood has fiberglass damage from 2" dead tree limb dropping on it, and some near one hood hinge that was there when I bought it.
$4,500.IMG_4664.jpg

Single speed.
If it had air brakes, I believe you would need a cdl with air brake endorsement, but it's not over 26,001 gvw so not sure.
Anyway, hydraulic brakes, no cdl required, unless you pull a trailer and cgvw is over 26,001.
It does have an air adjustable drivers seat, and new windshield last year for DOT inspection.
It's worth the money just for the engine and transmission.
Wood deck was replaced when I bought it with rough sawn oak.
Plates expired in March and I canceled insurance due to Covid 19 and cancelation of firewood sales for the year.
As stated, I've ordered a dump trailer for next year.
If it doesn't sell I may pull the dump trailer with it, and use the flatbed to deliver pallets to customers with tractors or skid steers that can unload them.
Rather not have it sit.
It has been kept up, and would love to see someone get some use out of it.

Just a couple bits of info for yourself and future buyers:
26,000GVW-Under
Air or Hydraulic brakes no cdl required. DOT physical is required.
10,000# and up-Commercial vehicle pulling a trailer a DOT physical is required.
26,001# and up CDL and DOT physical is required.
So my suggestion is to keep the company name, logo, or business off the chassis/doors of the truck. Yes it looks good and makes an image but again. 10,000# and up you have to carry a physical card.
Hope this information helps someone out and let's you keep your money in your wallet.
Thx. Tim G.

Good information!
I got fined for not being DOT registered; and additional fines for no triangles or fire extinguisher.
Did the physical, random one owner drug test, intra-state registration, and chauffeurs license.
DOT registration does not cost anything. The other stuff does in order to register.

Second owner; 343k miles; Cat 3126; 6 speed manual (replaced remanufactured with pto (no wet kit), with clutch, as it was popping out of second under load); hydraulic brakes; 12.5' flatbed; heavy duty fabricated step bumper with pintle hitch/brake controller; short wheel base; 20,500 gvw; weighs about 11,500, payload 9k. Plated at 24k.
DOT registered; Feb. 2020 inspection and service; paperwork since new including original bill of sale; owned and fleet maintained by interstate dewatering company (highway miles until I purchased it); Good reliable truck. I was going to put a landscape dump on it, and decided to order a 16' dump trailer) Hood has fiberglass damage from 2" dead tree limb dropping on it, and some near one hood hinge that was there when I bought it.
$4,500.View attachment 858671
Hi Sandhill, I have read your posts on wood splitters and saw that you may have the ability to locate quality used log splitters. I am looking for a log splitter with a 36 inch opening and log lift, wedge lift, w/4 way. I am curious if you know of any quality log splitters?

They are sort of a "bastard child" where they tend to attract DOT attention, and cost more to operate vs a Ford f450 or 550 or Dodge 4500 or 5500, so the market tends to be smaller.. at least from what I've seen.
I sold a 91 F450 this week for 5k for example.
The similar year 30 ton rated dumptruck I had, I barely got 6k out of it, and it had 3k of near new tires.

The new GM 4500 or 5500 is sure FUGLY huh. Saw one at a dealer today. The front end is hideous.

Latest posts

Back