200T Carbitooter Thread **Official**

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another carb solution from stevo-supremo:

The WT-326 is not prone to problems at all. It is a quality carb unlike the POS chinese Zama carbs on the newer 200T`s. The only problem is that it`s a fixed jet with no Hi adjustment. If You want a fully adjustable carb, get a WT-215 from a 021/023/025 or MS 210/230/250. Here is one You will have to swap the throttle and choke shafts from the WT-326 over to the WT-215 and rotate the fuel inlet elbow 90 degrees. I am running this setup on my 020T and it works great! I hate Zama carbs.
Nice job getting a 020T for $15 BTW. They are a great saw. I like them better than the 200T because they don`t have those ridiculous flip caps.

I did use my MS200 today and that ####### Zama carb started acting up...a problem which I was waiting for given all the problems mentioned before.
Saw starts well but throttle response is delayed and the saw dies at idle. Tuning did not help, so I suspect the accelerator pumpo O ring is leaking.

A big shame really that such an expensive saw comes with a chinese Zama turd carb...I'd be ashamed if I were Mr Stihl.

Talking about 200T's, here's some info on their dodgy accel pump carbs, this leaky 200T carb has been hack-sawed in half for a looksee inside. Tracing the accel pump circuit, it runs to the main nozzle. On this one the O-ring on the accel pump piston is actually worn down to less diameter than the piston, but the bore and piston themselves are still pristine condition. That non-sealing O-ring leaks air directly to the main nozzle. Bung in a new O-ring, you'd be good to go again.

Does anyone have specs about the O-ring itself ? Looks like the simpliest solution to me. My carb is a S1QS96A.
Or should I just JB weld the pump piston hole ? Whatcha think ?

Does anyone have specs about the O-ring itself ? Looks like the simpliest solution to me. My carb is a S1QS96A.
Or should I just JB weld the pump piston hole ? Whatcha think ?

Since nobody seems to know the answer, I went through my shop yesterday and found an O-Ring that was a perfect match for the size. I installed it today on the accelerator pump .....and the saw runs top notch. A 02ct ring saves me buying a new carb of 74 euro (103 $) ....easy money.

The O-ring specs wer R-01 with 3 mm ID. Seems like a winner. The only concern I have if a special type of rubber is needed. Time will tell.

Since nobody seems to know the answer, I went through my shop yesterday and found an O-Ring that was a perfect match for the size. I installed it today on the accelerator pump .....and the saw runs top notch. A 02ct ring saves me buying a new carb of 74 euro (103 $) ....easy money.

The O-ring specs wer R-01 with 3 mm ID. Seems like a winner. The only concern I have if a special type of rubber is needed. Time will tell.

Not sure about the oring. The one I plugged off is just fine, and still has very fast acceleration. The problem usually is a o-ring wont fix it because the body is galled, glue it and never have to worry again.

I have a 200T in the shop now with this poor acceleration problem.

Can I simply JB Weld the orifice under the welch plug or do I need to remove the plunger as well.

It's not my saw and I have some concern about getting the screw out of the shaft and back in so it will stay put.

Simpler the better for me. Thanks

I have a 200T in the shop now with this poor acceleration problem.

Can I simply JB Weld the orifice under the welch plug or do I need to remove the plunger as well.

It's not my saw and I have some concern about getting the screw out of the shaft and back in so it will stay put.

Simpler the better for me. Thanks

I don't know, never tried it that way. You could always try.

Not sure about the oring. The one I plugged off is just fine, and still has very fast acceleration. The problem usually is a o-ring wont fix it because the body is galled, glue it and never have to worry again.

I just want to get this clear in my mind: When you plug off the accel pump circuit, do you pull the welch plug, throttle shaft, and the accell plunger and spring. Do you then fill the entire hole with epoxy where the accell plunger used to be leaving the plunger and spring removed?:msp_unsure:

Last edited:
Just thought I'd add I fixed another bad 200T carb today with the JB weld treatment. Also want to add that the very first one I fixed a little over 2 years ago is still running today in a commercial environment, in a tree service.

This one is I think, is the 4th one I've fixed, all of them running in tree service's. It literally takes me 15 minutes of time and maybe about a penny's worth of JB weld.

attachment.php

Glad to see this one bumped back up.

Just picked up two more wayward 200T's. :bang:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The one that I replaced the piston in is still running in commercial service as well.

One thing I noticed watching him work is that he is constantly revving the saw up and down when he works through a twig. I don't know whether that is nervous habit or he has his reasons, but it has to be hell on the pump.

If they run OK welded shut I would think that would be the way to go.

Latest posts

Back