200T Carbitooter Thread **Official**

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need to do all that just pick the plate out of the passage like in my pic clean and JB weld the port shut simple. Nothing else.
Thanks for clarifying that! I suspected you are blocking the Pump to Main circuit with this mod, and now I think you've verified that guess. Thanks for clearing that up, it beats 70-80 bucks for a new 020t Zama that could be discontinued at any time. I have a "Known" good one I keep around just for testing. Big Thanks Lone Wolf!

Thanks for clarifying that! I suspected you are blocking the Pump to Main circuit with this mod, and now I think you've verified that guess. Thanks for clearing that up, it beats 70-80 bucks for a new 020t Zama that could be discontinued at any time. I have a "Known" good one I keep around just for testing. Big Thanks Lone Wolf!
Let me know if it works it usually does.

I had to look up this thread since my MS200 started acting up again. I did replace the O-ring first as described before, but it proved only to be a temporary fix. I did JB weld the accelerator pump today and fixed it once and for all. The saw accelerates just as well as before, no issues at all. Great fix, great thread.

Hey fellas I'd like to add to this.

If you're swapping over to the WT-215 there is something you will need to do.

See the little corner where the linkage is hitting the carb?

jasusajy.jpg

yzede7e5.jpg

It needs to be ground off like the original carb:
a7uma6up.jpg

If you don't do this the linkage hits on the carb holding the throttle open, rendering your idle adjustment screw useless... It took me a while to figure this one out.

Let me know if it works it usually does.
Regarding "Did It Work?", Yes on 2 saws so far--I bought an 020t carb -Stihl p/n 1129 120 0650 for 80 bucks from the local dealer ( I remember seeing $65 on here, but maybe things went up since then) And I've used that carb as my "Known Good" unit for a quick swap diagnosis. We have 8 complete 200t's, 2 old 020t's, both have broken cranks at the base of where the clutch threads on (happened while running, not from Bad mechanic W/O LH thread understanding) and a few "parts saws" that are pretty picked over.
Thanks again for the repair tip-Much easier than pulling the throttle shaft and accel pump! We're 2 for 2 using the "Lone Wolf" method!

When did Stihl start shipping ms200(t) with good carbs?

I can buy a ms200 (rear handle) from 2007 here in Europe for 225 EUR (about 250 USD). I'm hesitating because of all the carb problems i'm reading about here...

Regarding "Did It Work?", Yes on 2 saws so far--I bought an 020t carb -Stihl p/n 1129 120 0650 for 80 bucks from the local dealer ( I remember seeing $65 on here, but maybe things went up since then) And I've used that carb as my "Known Good" unit for a quick swap diagnosis. We have 8 complete 200t's, 2 old 020t's, both have broken cranks at the base of where the clutch threads on (happened while running, not from Bad mechanic W/O LH thread understanding) and a few "parts saws" that are pretty picked over.
Thanks again for the repair tip-Much easier than pulling the throttle shaft and accel pump! We're 2 for 2 using the "Lone Wolf" method!
Hey I'm close do you need cranks? I could fix them for you , buy or trade or work some deal out.

When did Stihl start shipping ms200(t) with good carbs?

I can buy a ms200 (rear handle) from 2007 here in Europe for 225 EUR (about 250 USD). I'm hesitating because of all the carb problems i'm reading about here...
They didn't, even the newest ones right up to the last days they were sold still have accelerator pump issues after about a year.

My rear handle was purchased the last year the 200's were offered and the carb was crap from new. The new carb for the rear handle is one # off the top handle (I think the top handle # ends in a 3 and rear handle ends in a 4). When mine went off warranty, I put the new carb on and that saw is an animal now. Never ran so good. New carb was $90 canadian.

My rear handle was purchased the last year the 200's were offered and the carb was crap from new. The new carb for the rear handle is one # off the top handle (I think the top handle # ends in a 3 and rear handle ends in a 4). When mine went off warranty, I put the new carb on and that saw is an animal now. Never ran so good. New carb was $90 canadian.
Quite overpriced those little Chinese carbs are!

It was cheap though compared to what that saw cost before that in downtime and running back and forth to the dealers for warranty. The dealers rebuilt the first carb, then swapped it for another dud carb, and then rebuilt that carb. They replaced fuel lines, broke a bolt in the muffler then drilled through the side of it trying to drill it out. Then it went off warranty and it still didn't run. I read about the new carb on either a Mastermind thread or Snelling thread. Now the saw runs awesome and all is forgiven, but all the other saws I bought for the same money (261 arctic, The 241c-m was less $), and they were awesome out of the box.

It was cheap though compared to what that saw cost before that in downtime and running back and forth to the dealers for warranty. The dealers rebuilt the first carb, then swapped it for another dud carb, and then rebuilt that carb. They replaced fuel lines, broke a bolt in the muffler then drilled through the side of it trying to drill it out. Then it went off warranty and it still didn't run. I read about the new carb on either a Mastermind thread or Snelling thread. Now the saw runs awesome and all is forgiven, but all the other saws I bought for the same money (261 arctic, The 241c-m was less $), and they were awesome out of the box.
Do you still have the carbs?

There was a point where I would have paid same as my 660 cost for a saw comparable to the 200 so I could get back to carving. It was my key saw.

I've been away from saws for a few years due to health problems. Just getting back into things a little at a time. Glad to see this thread gets some use still.

As for the 192T acting up, start a thread and describe the symptoms. They don't use the same carb and there are many things that can cause similar issues.

Zombie its been a while....good to see ya, you've haven't missed a damn thing[emoji1]

Surely he must have missed another oil thread or two?

Welcome back anyway!

BTW the farty smell is lone wolf ( I think it's his diet):D

Back