200T Carbitooter Thread **Official**

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally had time to dig into the saw some more. I can't lie I spent probably 2 hours fiddling with it, cleaning the tank, new fuel filter, pulled the carb twice, cleaned it twice. Still had a bog on the bottom end, with erratic idle, and I felt I was always chasing the carb screws to get it to hold a tune.
Found out it was the fuel line. Made a vidja. MAybe it'll help someone. CAn't wait to get up off the ground and see how she handles in a saddle. I've got 200 bucks into this saw. She's pretty rough looking but I've got high hopes for her. Cylinder was cherry. Piston was solid. Hardy any crank shaft side to side play.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JvlqeAm6DFU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice, now you have a climbing saw.

I haven’t looked into it closely yet, but it appears to be leaking bar oil at the lower left AV mount. Have you ever seen that?
No but the oil caps are always leaking. Try a new O ring and unscrew the lower av buffer and look and see if the hole is damaged or tampered with while you are at it. I have seen people drill and tap them, it could go through to to the oil reservoir if drilled deep.

Bumped this thread!!

Put me down as another who has fixed the 200t carb stumble issue.

I used @lone wolf s trick and just sealed off the passage behind the welsh plug on the front of the carb.

Saw runs amazing!

Thanks lone wolf!!

I got 7 more of these saws to build and now i dont have to buy 7 more carbs!!

Bumped this thread!!

I used @lone wolf s trick and just sealed off the passage behind the welsh plug on the front of the carb.

Saw runs amazing!

Thanks lone wolf!!

I just used that fix a day ago on a Zama 126 and with good results.

Bumped this thread!!

Saw runs amazing!

Thanks lone wolf!!

You would be lucky to repair 7 in a row and have 100 percent work. There is always one that's a problem no matter what you do to it.

You would be lucky to repair 7 in a row and have 100 percent work. There is always one that's a problem no matter what you do to it.

Im good with that.

I think I can easiky build 5 out of 8 so if I can make 2 or 3 mpre carbs work I'm way ahead.

Send me the ones that you cant get working and lets see if i can.

I have 2 more s126's here and theres a couple more that are different models.. 1 is off a 020t so no pump on that one.

Ill go through them saturday and see if I can repair them.

I tried my test ms200t saw with the 126 carb I fixed after work today.

Saw started easier, idles better and man does it rip now. I did some fine tuning once the saw warmed up and put 2 tanks through it and the saw ran perfect!

Lone wolf, thanks for the tip. You are the 200t king for sure!

Latest posts

Back