200T prices?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crispexx

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So roughly what’s the going price for a used but good condition Stihl 200t? A guy near me is selling one for $500, is that about right? In California for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So roughly what’s the going price for a used but good condition Stihl 200t? A guy near me is selling one for $500, is that about right? In California for reference.

Based on what people are asking on eBay and FB marketplace that doesn't seem too bad. The prices people want for these are astronomic depending on the condition.

Condition is in the eye of the beholder- (or saw owner) if you are selling, it is good to excellent, if you are buying it lays somewhere between well used and worn out.
Prices will vary with location and supply/demand.
Price a "new" build from the likes of @lone wolf and compare that to your $500 on a "good" used one.

I sell re built ones around that price just sold a nice one today and no more left at the moment. 650.00 would have gotten you mostly new parts on it.

Pics of the condition before I could have any good idea of value.

Pics of the condition before I could have any good idea of value.

992368db4fa36684e167124915ea3d71.jpg

This is the only pic I’ve gotten so far, I’ve requested more pics and info on the saw since he stated is has had some work done on it recently.

992368db4fa36684e167124915ea3d71.jpg

This is the only pic I’ve gotten so far, I’ve requested more pics and info on the saw since he stated is has had some work done on it recently.

Well I cant see the clutch cover which is around 70.00 and we dont know how it runs. It now depends on how good it runs to determine the right price. Aint worth what he's asking if it isnt real good.

WOW. I did not know these saws are bringing that kind of price. I have an 020T that was given to me years ago. I just put a new intake manifold & new fuel lines, filters, & clutch springs on it. It is not the prettiest thing. The chain sprocket cover is somewhat disfigured, but has great compression & the sucker runs really well. It is not for sale but I wonder what is is worth.

Just a note here. Lone Wolf put together a no expense barred 200T last Fall. It was a really high dollar one. If he wants to tell you the price that’s fine. I’ve used it regularly, but today was the third long, hard day in a bucket disaster relief day with it. I am very pleased that I laid out a premium price for it. It’s magnificent. I’m not doing pruning. I’m doing major storm work as high as a JLG T500 will go and deal with two or three 60 or 80 footers tangled with each other. People comment on my use of it instead of my ported 241. The 241 gets used a lot, but the 200T does enough to surprise people. They both have their place and both are awesome.

If I had it to do over again I would lay out the same big bucks.

Back