2013-2014 firewood gathering in Green Isle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_IN_MN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Okay, guys, I'm back in the game. Not as strong as I was, get tired easier, but need to get cutting that wood if I'm going to keep the propane guy at bay.:angry: I'm starting this new thread to try to get me motivated to get out there and start bring it in.

Thanks for looking! (at an empty wood shed!)

Dan

Well, duh! Where is the official empty shed starter pic?

Hey man cool you are getting it back together. Don't be surprised if you never hit 100% back, but you should get "enough" back. Don't push it so you have a relapse, makes it worse, just slow daily real small incremental "do a little more".

I made the mistake of pushing it too hard too soon after my accident, big mistake.

Dan the weekend of the 27 I am free so if the weather isn't sweltering I would come out for a few hours and help get some wood stacked. If anyone else is open that weekend lets see if we can get a few hands on deck please.

I'm not too far from you, either - south of Willmar. Got a brother-in-law that lives in Green Isle, even (though he's the "black sheep" of the in-laws :msp_biggrin: ).

Not sure about the 27th but I can likely assist some time. Could bring a couple saws and maybe the splitter if needed.

Jon

I'm not too far from you, either - south of Willmar. Got a brother-in-law that lives in Green Isle, even (though he's the "black sheep" of the in-laws :msp_biggrin: ).

Not sure about the 27th but I can likely assist some time. Could bring a couple saws and maybe the splitter if needed.

Jon

Jon

That would be great! Got some wood to split currently.

Does your brother-in-law burn wood? I would like to find someone to cut with.

Dan

Jon

That would be great! Got some wood to split currently.

Does your brother-in-law burn wood? I would like to find someone to cut with.

Dan

I don't think he burns a lot of wood; doubt he has time to cut, split & stack it. He owns "Steve's Tire & Auto" on the SW side of town; maybe you know / know of him.

Do you have a splitter? I can't tow mine but it fits in the pickup box nicely. Takes some effort to push it up the ramps to load it.

Jon

I don't think he burns a lot of wood; doubt he has time to cut, split & stack it. He owns "Steve's Tire & Auto" on the SW side of town; maybe you know / know of him.

Do you have a splitter? I can't tow mine but it fits in the pickup box nicely. Takes some effort to push it up the ramps to load it.

Jon

You can use a towstrap across the the bed up by the cab (or chain/heavy scrap of rope, whatever ya got) and stick a cheap comealong on that in the middle and just crank the splitter up in a few minutes, tops.

Or any variation on that, used small boat winch, steel pipe it is mounted to, some slot up there or some clamps to hold it in place, some wood across the back for an anchor point, if you have a headache rack, attach your cranking device to that. No need to push it up and get a hernia or take a chance on it rolling back and getting injured.

Jon

Jon

I know Steve. He got some business from me when I was hurt and couldn't do it myself.

I do have a splitter, but it needs work. Don't put yourself out getting a splitter here. I can get my father-in-laws.

Dan

Thought I'd check in.

We're slowly getting the wood in the shed. I'll get a few pics in a day or so. A buddy found a grove that I can cut out of. He's got wood up for 2 years, so he's giving it to me.

Found a machining forum that's been keeping me busy. LoL!

Latest posts

Back