2015-That's a Wrap!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In January I made a New Years resolution to cut/split more wood this year than I did last year (25 cords). When I passed that number I said may as well go to 30.

A little over 25 was hand split and the rest by hydro. When I split with friends I only accounted for the portion I actually swung the axe or pulled the lever on.

Just crossed the 30 cord mark this morning.

About to drive the golden spike.
image.jpeg

Done!
image.jpeg

The major players.
image.jpeg

I doubt I'll ever break this record. For 2016 I'm focusing on quality wood only.

Hope to pick up a 562 and a hydro in the next 12 months. That's it.

Cheers!

Nice. I'm somewhere @ 25 cords. Hard to tell because I burned some of the ash as I was cutting it. How do you like the woodland pro bar. Thinking about getting one 16" for my 550. Lcs has them really cheap. Actually think it was Baileys who has them

Nice. I'm somewhere @ 25 cords. Hard to tell because I burned some of the ash as I was cutting it. How do you like the woodland pro bar. Thinking about getting one 16" for my 550. Lcs has them really cheap. Actually think it was Baileys who has them
I haven't cut enough to have any complaints. It seems like a nice bar except I'm not particular to the color.

I'm running total bars on my other saws, but having a hard time finding a quality bar 16" x.325 x50. Have any ideas?

You'll love a 562xp . Wouldn't be caught in the woods without mine

25 cords by hand...impressive but not anything id want to do

I wouldn't mind getting a S2800 anyways for the occasional handsplitting. I have a Fiskars X25 right now. Wish it was a 27.

In January I made a New Years resolution to cut/split more wood this year than I did last year (25 cords). When I passed that number I said may as well go to 30.

A little over 25 was hand split and the rest by hydro. When I split with friends I only accounted for the portion I actually swung the axe or pulled the lever on.

View attachment 474893

Done!
View attachment 474894

The major players.
View attachment 474895

I doubt I'll ever break this record. For 2016 I'm focusing on quality wood only.

Cheers!
Good work man! I switched to quality over quantity a couple years ago and it's saved so much time with twice the BTUs! Thanks to all your dang pictures and reviews I am going to be buying one of those s2800's. Thanks. Haha

I'm running total bars on my other saws, but having a hard time finding a quality bar 16" x.325 x50. Have any ideas?
Quality at a decent price? Or a decently priced non replaceable nose?

Menards and Mills Fleet Farm have Oregon non replaceable nose bars in that configuration with a loop of safety chain for 29 bucks.

Nice.

I'm itching to get my woodpile finished being processed so I can haul more wood in. Wrenched my back about a month ago and finally forced myself to take it easy rather than charge on.

It has given me the opportunity to get other projects done, though. Got the inside of the first floor of the garage insulated and sheathed. Insulated garage doors are on order. I just need to build a hatch to cover the opening for the stairs to the second level and then it'll be good to go. I should have the organization (shelves, hooks etc) wrapped up tomorrow.

Svk I was thinking a sugi or total, but I don't seem to be able to find one in my configuration. I'd just swith out to 3/8 or .058, but I've got a bunch of chains for my setup. Guess I'll just have to settle for another laminate Husky bar.

30 cord by hand is outstanding! I am so hoping to get back in the "swing" of things myself. Holding out on going mechanical until I absolutely have to.

Thx Zogger. I checked Terry's website and not able to pull up much on my phone. I can find total bars @ just not in 16", .325 50. If someone knows of a place let me know. Sorry for the thread highjack svk

View attachment 474893

Done!
View attachment 474894

The major players.
View attachment 474895

Cheers!

I see you have them staged with a good separation for splitting. In all your pictures I never see any form of a strap to hold the rounds vertical while splitting. Do you never use one? Just curious. Great accomplishment.

I see you have them staged with a good separation for splitting. In all your pictures I never see any form of a strap to hold the rounds vertical while splitting. Do you never use one? Just curious. Great accomplishment.
I just put them in rows. I'm pretty good at resplitting the halves so I only knock over a few. If I had to strap them it would take too long.

Back