2016-17 wood gathering started

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn woodcutter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
20151018_155617.jpg My brother and I started our 2016-17 gathering today. We take turns helping each other and today all the loads went to my place. We cut several dead standing elms and two nice bur oaks that needed to be taken. I'm shot tonight but I have that familiar feeling of satisfaction after a good days work. I wish I was years ahead like many of you but so far it's tough enough just to get out and get what we need done.

It's tough to get everything done for us. We both are self employed and many people seem to think that because of that we have a flexible easy schedule. For most that own their own business it means many extra hours of work and often less flexibility. There's a light at the end of the tunnel though and it's important not to lose sight of that. Anyway it's always a good time hanging out with my brother!

Got about 1 face left from 2014,

Haven't even thought bout 2015 yet....

I'm on the self employed list too, but I can't get to the wood till all the crops are off. Late oct/November..

Cut as I need it during the winter..

Would be nice to have a year or so in advance tho.

Gotta love those hand extensions!
That thing works great for so many applications. Whether you are unloading the truck to rolling splits or working with a stack of logs. The extra long handle keeps your knees shins and feet out of the way.

That thing works great for so many applications. Whether you are unloading the truck to rolling splits or working with a stack of logs. The extra long handle keeps your knees shins and feet out of the way.

I've got the stihl one. Works great! Been searching for an old wooden handled one. One of these days!

Latest posts

Back