2016-2017 wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg image.jpg Two years out is tough for me, I'm lucky if I can stay a year ahead, limited storage. I just split this stuff today for next year.

I cut down some ahs trees last week and today cut it into rounds and set beside the OWB. I have enough wood for years just being lazy and wanted some longer rounds to get longer burn times. My split ash is so dry it's just overheating the boiler in this milder weather.

Mine for that season has been stacked since early last spring, but no pics today, absolutely pouring rain. I'm a wuss..also mr fuzztarded here left his poncho in the truck..outside..past the porch..hmmm...get me delicate selfs all wet..hmmm.. sucks..have to do it soon anyway, got chores....might have to do the garbage bag instarain shield routine...

It is still standing, have roughly 20 dead ash on my property, I'm going to start taking them down in the coming weeks. This one just over 23 DBH probably average 18 to 25 on all of them, was thinking of having some turned into flooring.

image.jpgimage.jpg

2016-17
IMG_20141124_101053.jpg
2018-19
IMG_20141124_101105.jpg
2020-21
IMG_20141124_101044.jpg
need to work on sheds next year and getting rid of the tarps.
I think i did pretty good considering i ran out of wood in January last year.

No pictures yet. But here's what I've got lined up:

20 cords of aging aspen will come down over the next 12 months from my property. If I split them so large that they barely fit through the boiler door, I'm getting decent burn times.

1 cord of Norway pine thinning in my yard. Trees were originally planted as a privacy barrier but are now 8-12 dbh.

5-10 cords white birch scrounge. Lots of birch borer damage and old age trees around.

Couple cords of yellow birch (score!) blowdown.

Also 3 cords of Norway pine scrounge that I bucked this spring but need to split and haul home next spring.

Back