2017/18 saleshave started

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have delivered 10 cords this month. Pretty much the same as last September, although it seems like more repeat customers than new customers. It's been in the 80s here, next month is when things open up for me. The good news is my margin for profit is up but the increase in fuel has evened it out. I'm not looking to grow, I just would like to maintain the level I'm at. I work a full time job Mon-Fri and I'm already working 7 days a week to keep up with my orders. Life is Good, Bring On The Cold Snap !!

Some folks from my home town asked for 4 cords this spring. They don’t care if it’s Aspen, hardwood, or a mixture. So they’ll probably get mostly Aspen and I’ll price accordingly. Need to see what kind of tops are left in the new cutover behind my cabin otherwise I’ll go after the windfalls near the cabin.

I have to deliver a truckload on Wednesday. Buyer wants to use it for both patio fires this spring and his fireplace now. This patio fire demand has doubled in the last four years. It tends to even out the demand. Campfire demand will also start picking up in a few weeks. Poplar, cottonwood, and soft maple all work very well for campfires.

been kinda slow here the last few weeks... mid april is the next sales for myself at 4 cords of green oak an maple unsplit 16/18" for a new client that likes to sweat for the following winter in the summer with exercise.

Latest posts

Back