2018 Axe Cordwood Challenge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's for sure. One year I have to much wood stacked the next I feel like I'm running behind. We had solid snow since the beginning of November this year which never happens. We also get a foot of snow then a warm up and it all melts then it snows again. Lol I'm west of you on lake Ontario about 30 miles east of niagara falls.

I may have confused you via PM, we were heading north this past weekend and south next weekend. We will be seeing Joe next Saturday.

Probably, like I mentioned in those PMs I'm kind of all over the place with my dad's affairs. Too much going on, having trouble keeping everything straight. That being said, you sure do get around!

Still a bit too windy today for windfall cleanup, so I decided to break out my Council Tool cruiser and add to the rick. Wish I had more time, but I'm confident that I can fill at least a 1/2 cord of axe cut wood by spring. A full cord by September should be doable as well.

Q2DYAIM.jpg

All of my wood racks are empty, the left over wood moved to the wood shed, maybe I'll set a 1/2 cord rack aside and start filling it, and see how far we get. It will be felled and bucked with an ax or hatchet, but not split. I'll be clearing out all of the little Gum saplings in my woods.

Man this sounds like it could be fun only problem is all I have is a junk axe. I really want to try and do this. What kind of axe should I get? This is all new to me. Very cool thread wish I would have seen it earlier.

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that a serviceable junk axe will chop 100% more wood than no axe. Go ahead and give it a shot, we've got until September!

Latest posts

Back