2019/20 heating season, what will it be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
the old almanac says more of everything again this heating season. looks like we peps here in minnesota will get our first heavy snow on Friday/Saturday/sunday.... the weather channel looks for a 3 day storm short and fast with today being in the easy 70* mark .. we shall see and feel ?

Does not matter at my house, once the stove is lit it stays lit until spring. 8-10 cords burned depending on when it starts and when it stops, not the temps or snowfall... house full of women! I am expecting colder than normal temps by the acorn and hickory nut output though, they just seem to coincide in my area.

Being I have two snowblowers, a plow truck, and ten cords of wood ready we’ll probably have a mild winter.

Yesterday was beautiful, today is supposed to be nice. Then we are supposed to have rain or snow for 8 out of the next ten days.

A lot of times when we get a miserable autum, it gets nice in November. I remember years where we froze our ass off in the duck blind and deer hunted in t-shirts. You never know.

Last winter was incredibly mild. That was because I had bought a sledge in readiness to go and play with my little girls if we had decent snow. Now I have that sledge we will have mild winters.
Just in case, I've 3 cords of wood 2 year seasoned, 3 more seasoning.

Whatever we get this winter I don't really care so long as it isn't perpetual mud like it was about two years ago. Mild winters are disappointing (to me at least) - but a muddy winter means I can do squat in terms of wood processing and gathering.

AMEN!!! I needed to mill the battens for my garage last winter and if it was not raining it was such a muddy ****hole nothing got done. Well except for beer and moonshine consumption... :cheers:

Every prediction of snow whether it be an inch or 3 feet will have people knocking on the door for wood they should have gotten last spring. Uh sorry no that's my wood stacked over there.:)
Like I've mentioned before I have people that will not respond to me till they NEED wood. They would literally ignore my calls and texts when I tried to get them squared away in the spring. Sorry I am out. They can now get it from the guy charging double and shorting on volume or from the guy who delivers freshly cut wood and calls it seasoned. I do not care which one they choose.

Like I've mentioned before I have people that will not respond to me till they NEED wood. They would literally ignore my calls and texts when I tried to get them squared away in the spring. Sorry I am out. They can now get it from the guy charging double and shorting on volume or from the guy who delivers freshly cut wood and calls it seasoned. I do not care which one they choose.

You could just wait and be "that guy"... :surprised3:

Back