ArboristSite.com Sponsors

2021 FORD RANGER TREMOR XLT OR 2022 NISSAN FRONTIER PRO-X 4X4 SMALL TRUCK

r black

r black

STIHLAHUSQYLOVER
both to be released soon... i am in the market for a mid-size 4x4 with 6k towing .... that would be your choice ? the Nissan should be maybe 5k less $ has more hp ......................... has less torque and less towing capacity ?

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
I’ve been wanting a new ranger for a while lol. Wish they offered the Raptor here with the diesel.

Anyways If you go the Ranger route I wouldn’t buy the Tremor it’s just special shocks and some graphics. I would just get the off road package and add a leveling kit. The 2.3 is a proven design and with a simple tune you’re looking at about 300+ hp at the tire last I checked.

I haven’t looked at the Nissan so I can’t give you my opinion on that one.

r black

r black

STIHLAHUSQYLOVER
I’ve been wanting a new ranger for a while lol. Wish they offered the Raptor here with the diesel.

Anyways If you go the Ranger route I wouldn’t buy the Tremor it’s just special shocks and some graphics. I would just get the off road package and add a leveling kit. The 2.3 is a proven design and with a simple tune you’re looking at about 300+ hp at the tire last I checked.

I haven’t looked at the Nissan so I can’t give you my opinion on that one.
raptor is out of my payment comfort zone , the tremor has a nice ride with tire and shock package... their is a lot more to it then just badging and shocks

r black

r black

STIHLAHUSQYLOVER
The Fox reservoir shocks are nice if you like high speed off roading
the shocks have a plusher ride on and off road ,as i have driven many of the 2019-2020 xlt/ lariat ...and one of the 2021 models , the ride is ( less/sucks) in my opinion , the interior on the tremor has some upgrades , also has dash mounted switches for add on lights or winch ae , accessories , larger tires, aprox.1 inch level/lift kit all for the add on price of... $4K that makes it around the low $ 40-44k no need for a level kit/or upgrade tires ... also the graphics package cost extra i would not op for that it is ugly ......thats a lot of money to me .........hence forth the looking at the Nissan/or zr2 Chevrolet models chev is same price range............ this just my opinion

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
the shocks have a plusher ride on and off road ,as i have driven many of the 2019-2020 xlt/ lariat ...and one of the 2021 models , the ride is ( less/sucks) in my opinion , the interior on the tremor has some upgrades , also has dash mounted switches for add on lights or winch ae , accessories , larger tires, aprox.1 inch level/lift kit all for the add on price of... $4K that makes it around the low $ 40-44k no need for a level kit/or upgrade tires ... also the graphics package cost extra i would not op for that it is ugly ......thats a lot of money to me .........hence forth the looking at the Nissan/or zr2 Chevrolet models chev is same price range............ this just my opinion
I haven’t driven a Tremor yet but yeah I agree the price tag for that level of option seems a bit steep. The only person in this house who gets brand new cars is the wife anyways so a brand new truck is a pipe dream lol. Hers will be paid off here soon so I’ll be in the market for a newer truck. I like the look of the ZR2 as well as the Tacoma TRD pro but that’s likely out of my price range even used.

I haven’t worried too much about silver prices just yet, I’m holding what I got for now and see if it settles down. It looks like some hedge funds went on a run to recoup what they lost from the GameStop debacle by purchasing silver and that’s driving the price.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
I'd never buy a new vehicle. You drive it off the lot and it's now worth half it's value. There are plenty of people who drive a vehicle for a year or two and then sell it and get another brand spanking new one. I buy my vehicles at least 5 years old. But that's what I can afford. Your mileage may vary.
But not knowing anything specifically about either model, (but a bit in general about both makes) I don't think you could go wrong with either one. They both have good reputations.

r black

r black

STIHLAHUSQYLOVER
I'd never buy a new vehicle. You drive it off the lot and it's now worth half it's value. There are plenty of people who drive a vehicle for a year or two and then sell it and get another brand spanking new one. I buy my vehicles at least 5 years old. But that's what I can afford. Your mileage may vary.
But not knowing anything specifically about either model, (but a bit in general about both makes) I don't think you could go wrong with either one. They both have good reputations.
the values on these trucks are very high for years.... might as well buy new , as used will cost nearly as much here