ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

2021 garden season

djg james

djg james

ArboristSite Guru
Got 180 pounds of spuds planted today. Old sunstar worked good on the planter and we moved right along. Too wet to plant up north at the club showgrounds so we have to wait a few days on that.
Nice rig. Are you particular about keeping the eyes up? Last year, late in Spring, the local farm store was selling 50# bags of seed potatoes for $1.00 just to get rid of them. I thought about tilling up the front yard :laugh:.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Eyes land where ever ---- they will come up even upside down! Been using this planter since I made it 35 years ago and we always get a perfect stand.
looks like built to last! so a helper rides in seat and hand drops a spud in row as you go along? and the discs cover the seed spud as u travel forward?

sonny580

sonny580

ArboristSite Operative
Yup,---wife rides on the seat and drops the pieces every 10 to 12 inches apart. -----I go slow so she has time to get them tossed in. Thats why hydro-drive is a must pulling it so you can run slow and steady!

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
I Took this picture Thursday. Petunias bloomed just in time for Easter. Weather has been really nice over the past three days with highs in the upper 60s and lows in the 40s.

DB054279-7E4E-4B59-8D38-645D809E7C80.jpeg

Del_

Career arborist
Peppers plants for sale and ours are ready to go in the ground. A few are in 4 inch pots and we have about 120 to sell @ $1 per plant. We have sold half of our tomato plants at this time and maybe a dozen Jimmy Nardello peppers.

Pepper seedlings 4-10-21 001.JPG