2021 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
out in the mobile nursery and doing well. brussel sprout (1), bok choy (6) or so, big beef tomatoes (2) cilantro (6) and spinach (8)... and some baby 1015 onions... plan to pot up all my saved, dried big beef tomato seeds. wonder how many will germinate?...

1015s and leeks have recovered fully from freezeup... sugar snaps are another issue. prob pull. asparagus uncovered... waiting for that first spear... :cool:

out in the mobile nursery and doing well. brussel sprout (1), bok choy (6) or so, big beef tomatoes (2) cilantro (6) and spinach (8)... and some baby 1015 onions... plan to pot up all my saved, dried big beef tomato seeds. wonder how many will germinate?...

1015s and leeks have recovered fully from freezeup... sugar snaps are another issue. prob pull. asparagus uncovered... waiting for that first spear... :cool:
Love me some Spurg! Season is coming up here in mid April and there will be tons of fresh asparagus at the farmers markets.

Love me some Spurg! Season is coming up here in mid April and there will be tons of fresh asparagus at the farmers markets.

Bush hogged the aspsragus patch yesterday. It's 23 years old and Stihl going strong. Need to get some pre emergence weed control down shortly.

Attachments

• 20210309_110711.jpg
    20210309_110711.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210309_110720.jpg
    20210309_110720.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
You guys make me sick. Lol!

I am just thinking about starting some things about 3 weeks from now. It's "winter" till the end of April. Nothing goes out until end of May/first week of June. Ground is frozen well into April. Gotta get out of here...winters are just too long. The honeybees regularly do well until about the last cold month, when we lose hives that just cannot make 7 cold months. It's discouraging at times.

I do have one sickly lemon-boy tomato and a few bean plants a couple of feet tall in the house tho..hoping for seed from the beans. I planted a few beans from a soup mix and some of them grew. The rest were pretty tasty in a soup!

You guys make me sick. Lol!

I am just thinking about starting some things about 3 weeks from now. It's "winter" till the end of April. Nothing goes out until end of May/first week of June. Ground is frozen well into April. Gotta get out of here...winters are just too long. The honeybees regularly do well until about the last cold month, when we lose hives that just cannot make 7 cold months. It's discouraging at times.

I do have one sickly lemon-boy tomato and a few bean plants a couple of feet tall in the house tho..hoping for seed from the beans. I planted a few beans from a soup mix and some of them grew. The rest were pretty tasty in a soup!
hi hc - i still got so many fall tomatoes i had to make some spaghetti sauce day before yesterday... yum
P1010007.JPG

I just made a huge beef stew to use up a bunch of potatoes that are wanting to be planted : ( and some beef that's getting old in the freezer.

most of it is in jars in a freezer now.
gonna make a spaghetti sauce soon. I have lots of frozen tomatoes. It's the first time I've frozen whole tomatoes. It works well, I see.

If you had to choose between horse or cow manure in your garden what would you use and why?. I have plenty of both that I can get but some people say cow or horse but don’t have a specific reason why. I have always wondered
Can’t really answer your question because I don’t use either of them, but I can tell you Horse manure has more nitrogen, but cow manure has more Potassium so I guess it depends on your gardens needs.

Latest posts

Back