21 Rounds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today I scored 21 rounds of Fir that are 36" across on average and cut about 18 inches, was driving by in my dumptruck and saw them, freshly cut, no knots just primo wood, and an excavator on site to load them, all free for the taking:rock:
There was more too but that is all I could take in my truck...

Anyway how much wood did I get in cords or portion of a cord and more importantly how did you do the math? Whats the formula?

Just curious is all... have some pics on my cell phone that I will post in a bit, its all home and stacked too ready for the axe treatment when I get time....

When split and stacked, you will have around 2 full cords(maybe a little more).

((radius in feet squared) x pi) x total length in feet = cubic feet
((36/12/2)*2 x 3.14) x (21 x 18)/12 = 222.6 cubic feet

cubic feet/128 cubic feet per cord = cords
222.6/128 = 1.73 cords, or about 2 full cords when split and stacked

Last edited:
Split and stacked, about 2 & 3/4 of a cord. Stumpy's math is right, just need to use 80 CF (amount of solid wood in a cord) instead of 128. Let us know how close we get!

Thanks for the math guys, didn't think it was as much but happy it is.... Soo what does it weigh? I am "guessing" around 11000 pounds or so based on the feel of my truck with 15000 in it (do that very frequently) and how well she does on the hills....

International 4900 series with a Dt466 engine....

Very nice score and you just can't beat the 400 series international engines.

You have 1,237,450 cord of toothpicks.

18 Ricks

23 face cords

66 truckloads

17 chords

41 ranks

121.3 bundles

I think. When you split it we'll both know?

Good score.

Back