21 ton MTD throttle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crappiemiser

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can adjust the throttle on these splitters? It has a 5 hp B & S motor. Mine runs WOT all the time and really runs through the gas. Thanks

Even if you could, the rams on most of those smaller splitters are so slow at slower engine speeds that you probably wouldn't want to do it anyway.

If you have a throttle control and it runs WOT no matter the setting, it is a governor problem which is located inside the engine.

They bend a tab on the throttle control to run the engine at top speed. You can unbend the tab but it's hard to keep it at a set position without installing some type of throttle control.

They bend a tab on the throttle control to run the engine at top speed. You can unbend the tab but it's hard to keep it at a set position without installing some type of throttle control.
This is what I was looking for, Thank you! I guess she'll just run wide open and I'll live with it.

Back