2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trouble with 3D printing is that it uses a 'layering' process. And the resulting plastic & composite parts are not strong. Doesn't work on aluminum and magnesium, I'm told. Now and of course, the military and NASA have access to other machines that use a different method to make parts. Now if the regular machines print old molds, that's great, but you still have to find someone to cast aluminum and magnesium from the molds. I just don't know yet if this is the wave of the future or just smoke.....or if it's going to happen in my lifetime.

Kevin

The idea with 3D printers is you can print a mold and then make carbon fiber or fiberglass part from the mold. Vacuum bag resin infusion.

Also, you could print a mold to cast a wax part and do investment casting.

Fascinating stuff, but in replacing the pot metal and/or mag parts necessary to keep these old saws running, a mold made by 3D printing for investment casting would be great. But then you still need the equipment necessary for the heated material to pour the mold. When this gets to a consumer level, I'll be damn excited. So far it's just been sub-standard parts made by 3D printing, that are very expensive individually.

Carbon fiber is kind of a cool idea to replace chainsaw plastics like top covers, AF covers, recoil housings etc.

Kevin

In the firewood bizz years ago I used two 2100, a 266SE and a older 240 with heated handles. I used the 2100 for decades with shorter bars. But when I was told to try a 266 by another logger he was right. The 2100 were used with longer bars. I tried a 394XP too another good saw.

Running the 2100’s I had arms like Popeyes in a short time.

Good morning fellas. Man I had a 266 once, regreted selling it. I like that. Muscle memory! RandyMac. Message me or text me Amigo. 707-321-8062

We took my 2100 to the fair for speed cutting. A 16” bar rakers at .040” we went up one size on the drive rim. I plugged the govenor.After cleaning house at the fair I took this setup in the woods cutting red and white oak plus maple and birch. This machine ate wood

With the big bore heavier power heads I learned to keep it in the wood. Less time holding the weight.

I used the 2100’s for felling, gassed up and the chain razor sharp. One really bad windy day with a tree leaning the wrong direction I needed it to go on a hill. I had it knotched in the direction I needed it to go and waited for the wind to blow it in that direction. The wind and the 2100 cutting it fast dropped the tree in the right direction.

One of the greatest saws made. I have newer saws, but not many built like these. The fact that it comes out on a regular basis, and owning new saws, says a lot. Glad that tree went right and didn't smash your saw:)

Latest posts

Back