2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the air filter mesh is torn, you can repair from one side with clear fingernail polish. That's what we did in the woods and it worked great/forever.

That saw condition sounds soooooo typical of what you find these days that's still out there. FREE is beautiful as long as it doesn't cost you the price of a saw to fix it.

Kevin

I brought out the old ported 2100 and did a little milling, 33ft log, about 16" cut width (30" dbh), had to make it fit on the mill in 10-12 ft sections... Had a few bugs to work out, the manual oiler flexy line behind the muffler popped off a couple times, then it blew up... Muffler bolts rattled loose twice, couldn't keep the air filter cover on for the life of me until i replaced a few things.. Oh, of course the starter cord ripped off once too

Took 2 tanks of fuel to get through it, saw ran strong, had a brand new chain on it and found it cut slow.. taking 2 strokes off the rakers fixed that... I had 5 of these logs to do.. I did it all freehand, over 12 ft I was usually within an inch of flat, couple times I was pretty much bang on.
For milling I think a different dog design would work better.. if I have to do more in the future I'll see what I can do about that

Missed out on buying a 3120 last week :(

20210609_185727 (1).jpg

I brought out the old ported 2100 and did a little milling, 33ft log, about 16" cut width (30" dbh), had to make it fit on the mill in 10-12 ft sections... Had a few bugs to work out, the manual oiler flexy line behind the muffler popped off a couple times, then it blew up... Muffler bolts rattled loose twice, couldn't keep the air filter cover on for the life of me until i replaced a few things.. Oh, of course the starter cord ripped off once too

Took 2 tanks of fuel to get through it, saw ran strong, had a brand new chain on it and found it cut slow.. taking 2 strokes off the rakers fixed that... I had 5 of these logs to do.. I did it all freehand, over 12 ft I was usually within an inch of flat, couple times I was pretty much bang on.
For milling I think a different dog design would work better.. if I have to do more in the future I'll see what I can do about that

Missed out on buying a 3120 last week :(

View attachment 914113
Im thinking about getting a chainsaw mill which one do you have? I hear its a slow process ive never done it.

Im thinking about getting a chainsaw mill which one do you have? I hear its a slow process ive never done it.
I don't have a mill, I just freehanded that.. neighbor has a Woodmizer and that's what all the milling was done with.. yes, especially on a log that size it's a slow process. takes about a half an hour to make one pass

I cut large oak, maple and hickory trees. But the most fun with a 2100 is with a 16” or 18” bar with a larger rim and 404” chain destroying 15”/16” oak trees. It was from standing to on the ground bucked up in 50 minutes per cord. No time to even break a sweat.

Bill is it true you used to eat nails and shat railroad spikes?
Put a 2100 in my hands sharpened to perfection I kicked ass. When you have no job, with no future insight the wood chips were flying. Selling firewood.

The forest ranger put me with another cutter and said clean up this mess of tops. Left over after the board feet were removed. My buddy’s chainsaw store was nearby, the guy ran to my buddy’s store and said I need one of my saws because I’m taking all the wood. My buddy laughed the guy didn’t know I was running a 100 cc saw.

Put a 2100 in my hands sharpened to perfection I kicked ass. When you have no job, with no future insight the wood chips were flying. Selling firewood.

The forest ranger put me with another cutter and said clean up this mess of tops. Left over after the board feet were removed. My buddy’s chainsaw store was nearby, the guy ran to my buddy’s store and said I need one of my saws because I’m taking all the wood. My buddy laughed the guy didn’t know I was running a 100 cc saw.
my only problem is I'm not built to haul a 100cc saw all day, I can do it for a couple hours but I'm bagged after that

You've never been a pro or worked in the woods professionally....you're a weekend warrior I'm told, on the forums you frequent. If you think a 2100 with a 16"-18" bar can kick anyone else's butt, then you've haven't worked around the right people with modern saws that can rev to 14,000rpm. Where the 2100 comes into it's own today is in timber over 3ft. My 2094 Jonsered and/or a Husky 394/395 will run cirlces around it in timber under 3ft. The Stihl 500i will run circles around the 2100 in less than 3ft scale......and other saws as well.

Kevin

You've never been a pro or worked in the woods professionally....you're a weekend warrior I'm told, on the forums you frequent. If you think a 2100 with a 16"-18" bar can kick anyone else's butt, then you've haven't worked around the right people with modern saws that can rev to 14,000rpm. Where the 2100 comes into it's own today is in timber over 3ft. My 2094 Jonsered and/or a Husky 394/395 will run cirlces around it in timber under 3ft. The Stihl 500i will run circles around the 2100 in less than 3ft scale......and other saws as well.

Kevin

In all fairness to the fun that flows from Billy's keyboard- define Pro? If your sole income is selling firewood cut with a chainsaw- that is a profession and the chainsaw is a tool of that profession. But he left out the part where it was the early 1900's and he rode on the back of a Model T into the forest, 14.000 RPM had not been invented yet, let alone fuel injection! :laugh:
I picked up a 2100 CD couple of weeks back that was wearing an 18 inch 3/8th bar and chain- what a waste of time! :yes:

I guess cutting firewood and selling full time it doesn’t count? Even when I had a full time job I did both. Geez I did it to survive.

On the 2100 advance the timing, plug the governor, run a 404/8t rim.

I don't have a mill, I just freehanded that.. neighbor has a Woodmizer and that's what all the milling was done with.. yes, especially on a log that size it's a slow process. takes about a half an hour to make one pass
Gotcha free hand is all ive done too. Mostly short runs

Thanks guys I been missing the abuse here, cutting, splitting, selling firewood is more work than felling and cutting log lengths for the mill.

Latest posts

Back