• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2149/53 Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
Reaction score
This saw was taken all the way down to case halves last April. I bought it off of EBay because I wanted to try the 346/2153 that so many members talk about. It is impressive, but a 5105 Dolmar is more my style and I almost have one together so I'm gonna let this go. This appeared to be a low hour saw that came to me having ingested a circlip. It got new main bearings, seals, an NE non-decomp piston and cylinder, metal intake clamp, and a rebuilt HDA-159. I spared no expense putting it together with all OEM parts because I thought it would be around for a while. I've ran around eight tanks of non-ethanol 90 octane and Dolmar synthetic oil at 40:1 cutting mostly oak tree tops. The first two tanks I ran it a little more rich and then dialed it up since then. It has no base gasket, squish is right at .020. The timing is stock as is the muffler. It runs so good I didn't feel the need to mess with either, and I read somewhere that the old oil painted mufflers were a little more open. I'm looking for $425 with the 16" .325 bar in the picture. I have a complete 359 intake tract with a freshly re-built HDA-199 I can send with it for an additional $50. I will include shipping in that price east of the Mississippi, and split it out west. These pictures are from last April when I got it together. It looks the same as my saws don't ride to the woods in the bed of my truck, just a little dirtier. If you have any questions or would like more pics just let me know. I also still have pics of the build if that interests a potential buyer.
IMAG1312.jpg IMAG1313.jpg IMAG1315.jpg IMAG1314.jpg IMAG1316.jpg IMAG1317.jpg

You should send that to Eric with the 199 carb and you’d think different about selling it and keeping the Dolly.... they’re a beast when he’s done with them.....
GLWS, dam nice saw
Thanks Mike

I have considered it, and seen the videos, but if I port any 50cc it would still probably be a Dolmar. I can always change my mind again...

My 5105 is up and putting wood in my truck now, so let's find a new truck for this saw to fill. If this looks like something you would like to own shoot me a PM and we'll talk about it. Or about saws/firewood in general. Or about independent brewers and craft beer.

What rpm does this saw tach? Seems like any good running 50cc saw turn up around 14000 rpms. My little partner is like that, it likes alot of rpms. Must be just the nature of a 50cc saw

Latest posts

Back