• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
064s are not made anymore and they are really sought after, that's what keeps there prices up, I have seen clean ones go for 1500.00 stock, they are in the legendary class of saws to me, are they worth that high price? I guess so if guys keep paying it, bit most of those saws are collector saws.
Fair enough!

064s are not made anymore and they are really sought after, that's what keeps there prices up, I have seen clean ones go for 1500.00 stock, they are in the legendary class of saws to me, are they worth that high price? I guess so if guys keep paying it, bit most of those saws are collector saws.
I got an 064 for $300 plus the ride from Indiana so for $1500 it better come with a steak dinner with all the fixings and a rub and tug !!!

yeah, it would also help if he wasnt a total nutsack, but we are who we are...
Don’t know , don’t care who you are - if ya ain’t got nothin positive to say then zip-it junior !

Amazing how hard it is for you snowflakes to deal with the truth when presented with it.
Not amazing at all ... just imaging you are face to face with the guy when you spew this nonsense... I bet a lot of the bs would go away - keyboard-warrior know-it-all (but in reality know NOTHING!)

I have and all he does is beat around the bush and not exactly tell me what I’d get. He said I’d have the fastest saw in the wood lot. I then asked him what if it wasn’t what would he do about it, the was the last I heard from him
Really ? Hmm - not my experience

Well that was my experience! For a grand I’d sure like to know what I’m getting
What exactly did you ask him and what exactly did he respond ? When I spoke with him he told me it took him about 10 hrs to “insane-0-ize a Saw ... now he woodnt go into SPECIFICS of EXACTLY what he was doing but gave me a general idear of the work performed ... I’m happy with both saws 241c insane-0 and the 461R extreme - both saws have paid for themselves many times over and are my go to saws

For a $1000 port work, the saw should cut by itself.
Hi Dustin ! I got a 461R version “Extreme” ported and shipped to my door from Hotsaws101 for $1600 ... considering in NY the price for that model+tax is $1238 I wood hardly consider that a “1000-port-job” now I did install an unlimited coil from a 660 and also a max flo so if you bought parts new ... 179 for coil ; 65 for max- flo you are looking at more $$$ but the coil and filter wood be extra from ANY builder not just Hotsaws101!!! This 1000 port - job is pure nonsense and really borders on character assassination which is not looked upon favorably by myself and “others” salute !!!

He assassinated his own character by doing stages of port work and charging so much.
I don’t think he gives a rats ass what you or I think Dustin ... does saws for guys all over the world ... if his work was shabby I’m sure the “saw police” wood be on him like flies on ..... matter of fact .. if he’s reading this he’s probably laughing his ass off right now !!!

hum... doing the math here ....this gives me and idea if a ported 241c is worth $1k.... great .... my nice used/stock 346xp should be worth $2k correct ? I mean you can't buy them anymore right ....o_O and after is have it ported $2500... ..I'm in the money ...., i'm in the money ..lalalal.....:yes:

I can get you a brand new one. Still get them here. But, they aren't gonna be produced after 2018 IIRC.

IMG_20180806_134800.jpg

If it were my saw I would value it at 650-700, I feel that i would have a hard time getting that from a 42cc saw, so I would probably just keep it honestly, hard to get your money back from a ported 40cc saw, just my opinion, like I have said before I really like the 241s

Yep. I just bought a NIB Dolmar 5105 ripper from Carl Miller for about $400 less than this foolish price tag.

I got a key question...the OP keeps saying that this saw has paid for itself many times over.

That to me means the saw has been worked hard and may not be what he's cracking it up to be.

I'd sure hate to drop $1000 on a baby saw and have it clap out in a little while.

I'd rather just buy a ported 5105 and a 421 and head along my way.

Latest posts

Back