25 saws for $200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the better price that shows when you hover the mouse cursor over the photos. ;)
There are some interesting bits and pieces in that pile of cryogenically frozen relics, probably an easy $200 of parts once thawed- if someone is looking for those parts, they are still in reasonable condition after thawing and you can wait maybe five years for them to sell.

I see a 61, an 026, a 3400?, a decent sized partner, a decent sized Alpina, a PL-4, a medium sized Pioneer, a Super EZ, maybe a Homie 101? I’d get ‘em, strip/scrap the crap saws, “bulk lot” the bars, and fix/sell the “good” ones.

What? No love for the 600 series McCullochs? :surprised3:

What? No love for the 600 series McCullochs? :surprised3:
No. Just.... no. I call all non-mag saws that aren’t from the Big Three “plastic fantastics” and mentally relegate them to scrap. Maybe if I ran one I’d change my mind but the 3 or 4 that have passed through my hands didn’t pique my interest enough to add them to my project list.

No. Just.... no. I call all non-mag saws that aren’t from the Big Three “plastic fantastics” and mentally relegate them to scrap. Maybe if I ran one I’d change my mind but the 3 or 4 that have passed through my hands didn’t pique my interest enough to add them to my project list.

Nope- running them does not make them any better! :laugh:

This is turning into "identify that hulk"! Some interesting stuff like the pioneer/partner 400, the mid(?) size partner, the large poulan, the husqvarna. Brands from a to z, looks like someone didn't play favorites. Seems they were left to rot outside in true hoarder style, really hard on a saw. A shame as you could have doubled the salvageable parts if they were stored properly.

I would have jumped on it. Trade, give, sell what you can and keep what you want. Great way to pass away Covid blues, with a good project. Right now I would love a project. My biggest hurdle is a place to work on them and then where to keep them, for now.
Use your time to build a shed. Then get project saws. Mike

Back