• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 262xp Full wrap handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm I've never heard of such a thing but they do seem to exist according to older forum posts. Can't even find a pic of one. Could it be another 2-series wrap handle that works on it?

I think I have a full wrap from a 266 and I know I have a 262 in the garage. I'll see if they mate together after work. I've really been thinking about buying the tools to make custom full wrap handles. Another reason to buy a TIG.

Cool. I appreciate you checking. I think @Jacob J. might have a couple, but probably not willing to part with 'em.

Cool. I appreciate you checking. I think @Jacob J. might have a couple, but probably not willing to part with 'em.

I don't know why my name gets thrown into the mix on these things, but no, I do not have a couple 262 full-wraps. I have one that's currently on a running saw
that I've had for going on ten years and is also one of my main go-to saws.

I don't know why my name gets thrown into the mix on these things, but no, I do not have a couple 262 full-wraps. I have one that's currently on a running saw
that I've had for going on ten years and is also one of my main go-to saws.

I meant no offense, brother. Thought I read awhile back you scored a couple off Ebay. My mistake.

I meant no offense, brother. Thought I read awhile back you scored a couple off Ebay. My mistake.

No offense taken - another member here did score a couple of those handles and subsequently sold one to another member. I didn't score any but I've seen
several NOS ones on ebay over the years. They pop up from time to time. I have scored two Pro-Safety full wraps for 288 recently on a local deal and I may
end up trading one of those.

I have one that’s not in the best shape, but with a little work might turn out ok. If interested let me know and I can get pictures tomorrow

Finally remembered to see if a 266 full wrap would work and it doesn’t appear so
View attachment 789036

Unfortunately the 154/254/261/262 handlebar mounts are a specific animal. I think a 51/55 handle could be made to work but that's not
much help when a someone is looking for a full wrap, unless they can take two half-wraps and make a full.

I don’t have the capabilities to weld aluminum yet. I’m about to pull the trigger on a tig welder though. Will need to learn how to use it since I’ve only ever done mig. Then I plan on setting up my jd2 tube bender so I can make handles or modify them. I think it will be a cool option when modding saws for people.

I don’t have the capabilities to weld aluminum yet. I’m about to pull the trigger on a tig welder though. Will need to learn how to use it since I’ve only ever done mig. Then I plan on setting up my jd2 tube bender so I can make handles or modify them. I think it will be a cool option when modding saws for people.
If you ever get set up for making handles, a 3/4 wrap like I've seen on some Stihls would be a very cool addition to a couple of my 262s.

If you ever get set up for making handles, a 3/4 wrap like I've seen on some Stihls would be a very cool addition to a couple of my 262s.

I agree. Could use the plastic end cap they use too. It all revolves around a tig welder and right now life keeps drying up the tool fund. Hopefully in the next few months though

I agree. Could use the plastic end cap they use too. It all revolves around a tig welder and right now life keeps drying up the tool fund. Hopefully in the next few months though
Well eventually you will get there. I bet if you come up with a repeatable design you are happy with, you could sell a pile of them on feebay. I remember when Matty started making his installation tools and all the troubles he was having, but once he finally got things sorted out he sold a LOT of those tool sets - a lot more than he initially dreamed of considering his 1st batch was something 15 sets. So do your homework and make a quality product and the customers will line up.

I don’t know if I would ever try to mass produce even in small numbers. The amount of money I would expect to make off of them to cover my time probably would be more than most would be willing to pay. How much would you pay for a freshly covered 3/4 wrap 262xp handle?

I don’t know if I would ever try to mass produce even in small numbers. The amount of money I would expect to make off of them to cover my time probably would be more than most would be willing to pay. How much would you pay for a freshly covered 3/4 wrap 262xp handle?
Likely around $80, maybe a little more depending on the funding situation. I don't know what the market would bear but maybe you could get significantly more than that - I don't know. Most of your time would be involved in getting set up for production. Once you had the design, jigs, and stamping dies made, you could likely form a handle fairly quickly with some practice. Stamp the attachment points in a hydraulic press then drill 4 holes then add the covers - done!

It's easy! :lol:

I’ll have to figure that out after I make a few. I like the idea of having stamping dyes. Already have a press. I also like the idea of using the plastic ends you find on stihls like the 461.

Is this what you need? What you expect to pay?

Attachments

• IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    588.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    480.4 KB · Views: 13
Back