• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 266se

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
Reaction score
The pics pretty much tell the story. Very low use 32 year old saw. I did not disassemble/deep clean the saw, just blew and wiped off the exterior. Everything works including the brake. Saw is tuned rich so adjustment will be required if you intend to work it. Looking for $400 shipped CONUS, pho. If you have any questions or would like additional pictures just ask.IMAG0051.jpg IMAG0052.jpg IMAG0049.jpg IMAG0047.jpg IMAG0046.jpg IMAG0048.jpg IMAG0045.jpg IMAG0039.jpg IMAG0040.jpg

The saw was a little warm when I checked compression last night. This saw just felt too strong when I pulled it over and my curiosity got the best of me. I checked again after work tonight as it had been sitting in the basement garage all day. Sure enough it blew just over 180psi. I would be happy to pic or video it if someone would like. There are two saws I'm curious to run that I would consider trades for. I'd like to see how a 550xp stacks up against my little Dolmar and I'd also like to put a 6400/7300/7900 in some wood with my 460. Projects are OK. Thanks for looking.

The 2xx series is easy to work on, easy to modify, no epa crap,they make great power. My 266se I tore it down cleaned it put new bearings, piston, ported,polished the exhaust, ported the intake, moded the muffler. And deleted the base gasket.
This saw just rips,makes me smile such a pleasure to run. I did it all myself.

The 2xx series is easy to work on, easy to modify, no epa crap,they make great power. My 266se I tore it down cleaned it put new bearings, piston, ported,polished the exhaust, ported the intake, moded the muffler. And deleted the base gasket.
This saw just rips,makes me smile such a pleasure to run. I did it all myself.
Thanks perry.
I get all that, and it does sound like a fun to run tool that will get the job done.
The only 2xx I have is an ms200 rear handle, and it always puts a smile on my face as well:).
Thanks for the response.
Back to the previously scheduled program, and back to the top.
Howdy neighbor:hi:. That's you rearview, I'm just north of I-96 about 50min from you.
GLWS.

Howdy neighbor:hi:. That's you rearview, I'm just north of I-96 about 50min from you.
GLWS.

Sup Brett, gonna be heading right past you tomorrow on my way to a friend's cabin up near Dublin to get some projects done over the weekend as long as the bugs and Mother Nature comply. Need any jerky? Taking the 5100s I tore down to bare bones up with me to facilitate the construction of a new bridge. Would be nothing to throw this shelf queen in the back of the Jeep. Should be through the S-curve around 11:00. Let me know before 9:00am and I'll pack it.

Allright now do yourself a favor and buy that 266 you won't regret it you'll be smiling big time!... Perry
I'm sure I would be as I love a good quality product at a fair price:).
Sup Brett, gonna be heading right past you tomorrow on my way to a friend's cabin up near Dublin to get some projects done over the weekend as long as the bugs and Mother Nature comply. Need any jerky? Taking the 5100s I tore down to bare bones up with me to facilitate the construction of a new bridge. Would be nothing to throw this shelf queen in the back of the Jeep. Should be through the S-curve around 11:00. Let me know before 9:00am and I'll pack it.
Thanks rearview, I'm just west of GR 25 min from downtown.
It sounds like a fun saw for sure and I appreciate the offer to deliver it.
I was trying to learn more about this particular series of saw as I have yet to own one or to run one, and at the same time give yours a little bump.
I bought 3 saws already this week to add to the others so even if I was ready for one it might not be the best timing:laugh:.
I used to do a lot of fishing up there on the little manistee river, and up at tippy dam, and jerky:sweet:.
I would love to see some of the pictures of this bridge as I need to help a friend build one also, shoot me a PM some time.
Thanks again.

:drinkingcoffee:Oh so cool your both in Michigan. I'm a native born in Kalamazoo, lived in Fremont for a while. Can't wait to move back so cal. Is a toilet I hate it. Michigan is a beautiful state I love it:numberone:.
I lived in whitecloud for a summer and have been to Fremont many times.
Small world LOL.
Let me know when your coming and I'll come help you pack and visit all my buddies out there, a bit tooth in cheek, but you never know as I like rust free cars and wouldn't mind bringing something back:).
I was born in cali, but love it here. Rearview is from just NE of K-zoo and I'm just east of GR.
We should probably move this to PM, sorry rearview.

Ok, who's buying this saw:rock:

I can't believe you still have this:surprised3:.
Forgot to tell you before, you can swing through anytime and try my 550xp out or any of the others I have:).
Once again GLWS.

Back