272xp trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks!

Just picked up a used 272xp that is in outstanding condition. It starts right up cold. Here is the issue:
It is idling, I release the chain brake, and as soon as I throttle up, it dies. It will start right back up, but any attempt to throttle back up gives the same result I am also noticing that the initial movement of the throttle seems to "catch", and if I can play with it a bit, I can get it to throttle up fully and run normally.
Before I start tinkering, thought I would post this and see if you all have any ideas that would save me some time.

Thanks!

Have you tried richening the H and perhaps L screw at all? If not, try backing the H screw out 1/4 turn counterclockwise and try again.... If it makes it better, try a little more adjustment... Sometimes a little goes a long way.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I agree with Shane, you’re likely lean on the low jet.

But if that doesn’t work check your fuel line for rot/cracks. A cracked fuel line can sometimes cause intermittent “bogging/dying”.
A saw with a bad fuel line can idle just fine, but will bog with throttle.

But...... a bad fuel line usually won’t allow the saw to run fine after getting it throttled up.

Again..... like Shane said...... turn the “L” jet a little to the left:)

Back